Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    Yes Sir!!!!I'm confident we will get screwed again!!!I had the SMAN ,I never liked the fact you needed theJL2 extender to make it work!!1Then they come out with the SMAN 380 and480.I bought the SDP2 Dual In Duct PSYchrometer,it didn't work with the App.then they come out with wireless probes.With a wireless Psychrometric probe that goes to the app.I also have the dual port manometer,SDMN6I have a hot wire Anemometer STA2. Maybe if we don't buy any more fieldpiece for 5 years all the tools will go to the app.they seem to begged at having us buy tools twice!!!!
    I have not used everything either.Its a learning curve.I don't have the time to do everything these meters can do when its hot in the summer, too busy.So i mess with them when have more time.they are nice when you need them .I also have an IManifold,But i use fieldpiece more.I'M waiting see when the SC680 will work with the Measure Quick app before I buy one.Don't worry ,in a year there will be a new meter.maybe one that will read 1000 volts.
    Lmao!!! Right!!!

Post Likes
    I'm in the same boat!!!I have a brand new SC660,Never used it yet.Still in the box.Now the SC680 is out.I called fieldpiece and said this is BS.I think they hold back on things, so they can sell more meters.Just like the old SMMan 360.Then here comes the 480.new and improved .They should of just had what the SMman 480 does to start with.I think they only came out with the SC680 to keep up with RedFish.Im not buying a new SC680 until I know it will work with the measure Quick app.I'm waiting to hear if and when the SC680 works with measureQuick!!!How much does someone want to offer me for the brand new SC660 I have!!!!
    I spoke with Fieldpiece 3 months ago about the 680 and I was told it will be compatible with measureQuick. That was part of the reason for the upgrade.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    I have not used everything either.Its a learning curve.I don't have the time to do everything these meters can do when its hot in the summer, too busy.So i mess with them when have more time.they are nice when you need them .I also have an IManifold,But i use fieldpiece more.I'M waiting see when the SC680 will work with the Measure Quick app before I buy one.Don't worry ,in a year there will be a new meter.maybe one that will read 1000 volts.
    Ummmm
    The 680 will read 1000V

Post Likes
    Got my new SC480, it's the best meter yet from FP. I must admit, being technologically advanced, I never bit on the tools that needed the JL2 extender, that's bad tech, when it's so easy to have BT radios built in. So I waited for the 380 manifold, SRS3 scale, and now the 480 meter. I don't see the need for much more connectivity unless the app is expanded, and I think that might be a mistake. MQ is great, but certainly not needed day to day. It needs savable profiles and presets to make it quicker to use. Sorting thru all the menus daily for each job is too tedious, but if you need the info on a troublesome system it's worth the time.

Post Likes
    As long as the JL2 isn't required. What a joke that was. And, while FP customer support is pretty good, they always played dumb about the serious fail JL2 was.

I was considering getting the Redfish clamp meter to go with MQ, but, given that I've always had great use from the clamp meters, I'll wait to see if MQ integration will happen (a question for Jim Bergmann) and how well it performs, what data is available to MQ.

I will say that the JL probes have worked out well. Certainly more portable and easier (completely wireless connection that works) than my iManifold set up.

Post Likes
    Anyone want to buy a like new Testo 770-3. Though it does watts and is bluetooth capable, I'm looking at the SC680 to match my probe set. I've been pretty happy with them thus far, but don't have much experience with the FP clamp meters. From what I read, they're not quite a Fluke, but this one will have a lot more functionality than my 902, and customer support is typically great with FP.

I'm curious to the range, as it's half the rated distance of the smart probes.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    The range is ok. With the meter in the garage I lose signal on the third floor on the opposite end of the house. Maybe 80+ feet straight line, thru, obviously, many walls.

Post Likes
    TTT only carries the SC680, so I just went with that. They should have their new shipment in a week or two I guess.

I like the idea of the back-lit display. Working in attics sometimes there's not enough light, even with a flashlight, and this would help. I also could have used the rotating clamp head yesterday. I had to get a step stool to read my old 902 on a slightly raised air handler. The wires wouldn't allow me to turn the body of the meter sideways. I just hope the rotating head doesn't reduce longevity of the tool.

Post Likes
    I must say, lots of the techs I know use the 6xx series swivel meters and not a single complaint of problems with the swivel and most have been in use over 5 years

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by channellxbob View Post
    I must say, lots of the techs I know use the 6xx series swivel meters and not a single complaint of problems with the swivel and most have been in use over 5 years
    I have an SC660. It's a monster. I bought it because I already had the pitiful JL2 transmitter and figured I wouldn't need much range. However, it turned out that it didn't integrate with the app, it just gave remote meter reading. Extra cash for the meter plus the original $200 for the JL2. I assume they've found a way to integrate the readings of the 680 into the app in a meaningful way...power factor, EER & SEER hopefully. Given the 660's uselessness with the app and it's size, I mostly use my 'toolbag clamp meter', the SC260. Small and does what I need. I had the Testo 770-3, which does watts and PF (and now integrates with MQ), but a battery leaked (very little) and now it won't power on. I haven't taken the time to look into it.

I haven't used the JL app since shortly after I realized the wireless aspect of the JL2 line was useless. I'm sure it's better now. I fired up the app when I bought the JL3 probe set up, but uninstalled it after a few uses do to lagging data refresh and general sluggishness and limited data interpretation of the app. The JL3 probes work pretty well with MQ, but still struggles a little with disconnects. I doubt the SC660 will work with MQ...likely a different bluetooth technology to get better range. I posted a thread asking about MQ integration for the 680. Hopefully Jim will see it and respond.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I have an SC660. It's a monster. I bought it because I already had the pitiful JL2 transmitter and figured I wouldn't need much range. However, it turned out that it didn't integrate with the app, it just gave remote meter reading. Extra cash for the meter plus the original $200 for the JL2. I assume they've found a way to integrate the readings of the 680 into the app in a meaningful way...power factor, EER & SEER hopefully. Given the 660's uselessness with the app and it's size, I mostly use my 'toolbag clamp meter', the SC260. Small and does what I need. I had the Testo 770-3, which does watts and PF (and now integrates with MQ), but a battery leaked (very little) and now it won't power on. I haven't taken the time to look into it.

I haven't used the JL app since shortly after I realized the wireless aspect of the JL2 line was useless. I'm sure it's better now. I fired up the app when I bought the JL3 probe set up, but uninstalled it after a few uses do to lagging data refresh and general sluggishness and limited data interpretation of the app. The JL3 probes work pretty well with MQ, but still struggles a little with disconnects. I doubt the SC660 will work with MQ...likely a different bluetooth technology to get better range. I posted a thread asking about MQ integration for the 680. Hopefully Jim will see it and respond.
    https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread...0#post25837690

Post Likes
    A lot of us are waiting to find out if the SC680 will work with Measure Quick.I'm hoping it will .When I get the word it will work with MQ ,I will buy one.

Post Likes
    Ok, I just received my 680 today. I swear Trutech Tools is faster than Amazon with shipping!

Anyone want me to test anything in particular?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast