Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes

Does Anyone Have The New Fieldpiece SC680 Meter?

Just wanted to know if anyone bought the new Fieldpiece SC680 Clamp Meter? Im kinda piss because I just recently bought the SC660 meter to go along with my Joblink Probe set so I can make reports on the operating efficiency of a unit by getting The SEER and EER and the SC660 does not calculate this but this new SC680 does!

Smh!

Post Likes
    Argh,,I am shopping for the sc660, and now they have the sc680? if you do upgrade, to the 680, let me know if you want to sell the 660. My 440 took a fall for its almost last time(tonight I have to solder the battery wires back on its battery connector) and is on its last leg.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Raud View Post
    Argh,,I am shopping for the sc660, and now they have the sc680? if you do upgrade, to the 680, let me know if you want to sell the 660. My 440 took a fall for its almost last time(tonight I have to solder the battery wires back on its battery connector) and is on its last leg.
    Im gonna keep it and use it for back because I bought the SPD2 Dual In-Duct Psychrometer too and Im just learning that the SC660 combined with the SDP2 Im able to get the SEER & EER of the unit. And plus I went on the Fieldpiece website and they have discontinued making the SC660.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Raud View Post
    I sent my SC660 to be repaired after a 20 ft fall broke the amp clamp. For $135.00 they replaced it with a brand new one. It may be an option for you. I don't know if they charge the same regardless of the product repaired.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Supermarket Tech...and anything else the boss finds for me!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cook42 View Post
    I’m gonna keep it and use it for back because I bought the SPD2 Dual In-Duct Psychrometer too and I’m just learning that the SC660 combined with the SDP2 I’m able to get the SEER & EER of the unit. And plus I went on the Fieldpiece website and they have discontinued making the SC660.
    I have the SDP2 also, and I like it. I got an insane deal for that and a box full of new fieldpiece tools for 200$ from eBay. At the end of the day it was something like 1800$ worth of tools. I have an HVAC Analyzer I thought was cool as hell that came in that deal, but Ive never used it and would like to sell it. I do almost no residential work that makes it worth while.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Txvman View Post
    I sent my SC660 to be repaired after a 20 ft fall broke the amp clamp. For $135.00 they replaced it with a brand new one. It may be an option for you. I don't know if they charge the same regardless of the product repaired.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I am gong to call someone I have dealt with at fieldpiece tomorrow and see what kind of deal i can spring. I bought the SMAN 460 from a guy off of craigslist for 200$, with hoses and all. It looked never used. Suction was off by 12psig and wouldn't calibrate. Sent it back to Fieldpiece and they sent me a new one in return for just the cost of shipping. That is the main reason I continue to buy fieldpiece.

7. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I have the 480 on order right now. FP said they're shipping as of last week. When I emailed the 680 was already out on TT website, and the 480 was shipping that day.

Post Likes
    I'm in the same boat!!!I have a brand new SC660,Never used it yet.Still in the box.Now the SC680 is out.I called fieldpiece and said this is BS.I think they hold back on things, so they can sell more meters.Just like the old SMMan 360.Then here comes the 480.new and improved .They should of just had what the SMman 480 does to start with.I think they only came out with the SC680 to keep up with RedFish.Im not buying a new SC680 until I know it will work with the measure Quick app.I'm waiting to hear if and when the SC680 works with measureQuick!!!How much does someone want to offer me for the brand new SC660 I have!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    I'm in the same boat!!!I have a brand new SC660,Never used it yet.Still in the box.Now the SC680 is out.I called fieldpiece and said this is BS.I think they hold back on things, so they can sell more meters.Just like the old SMMan 360.Then here comes the 480.new and improved .They should of just had what the SMman 480 does to start with.I think they only came out with the SC680 to keep up with RedFish.Im not buying a new SC680 until I know it will work with the measure Quick app.I'm waiting to hear if and when the SC680 works with measureQuick!!!How much does someone want to offer me for the brand new SC660 I have!!!!
    Man Im still upset!!! And now Im finding out they are coming out with wireless manometers soon to go along with the JobLink that I have! I just gotten the dual port manometer that checks pressure switches and its only a year old! At this rate everything Ive bought wireless to create reports will become backup tools. I bet theyre be coming out with a wireless combustion analyzer and I will be having my New Bacharach Combustion Analyzer as backup as well! Smh

Post Likes
    Yes Sir!!!!I'm confident we will get screwed again!!!I had the SMAN ,I never liked the fact you needed theJL2 extender to make it work!!1Then they come out with the SMAN 380 and480.I bought the SDP2 Dual In Duct PSYchrometer,it didn't work with the App.then they come out with wireless probes.With a wireless Psychrometric probe that goes to the app.I also have the dual port manometer,SDMN6I have a hot wire Anemometer STA2. Maybe if we don't buy any more fieldpiece for 5 years all the tools will go to the app.they seem to begged at having us buy tools twice!!!!

Post Likes
    Yes Sir!!!!I'm confident we will get screwed again!!!I had the SMAN ,I never liked the fact you needed theJL2 extender to make it work!!1Then they come out with the SMAN 380 and480.I bought the SDP2 Dual In Duct PSYchrometer,it didn't work with the App.then they come out with wireless probes.With a wireless Psychrometric probe that goes to the app.I also have the dual port manometer,SDMN6I have a hot wire Anemometer STA2. Maybe if we don't buy any more fieldpiece for 5 years all the tools will go to the app.they seem to be good at making a meter and upgrading it a year later,Just long enough to have guys buy it again!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    Yes Sir!!!!I'm confident we will get screwed again!!!I had the SMAN ,I never liked the fact you needed theJL2 extender to make it work!!1Then they come out with the SMAN 380 and480.I bought the SDP2 Dual In Duct PSYchrometer,it didn't work with the App.then they come out with wireless probes.With a wireless Psychrometric probe that goes to the app.I also have the dual port manometer,SDMN6I have a hot wire Anemometer STA2. Maybe if we don't buy any more fieldpiece for 5 years all the tools will go to the app.they seem to begged at having us buy tools twice!!!!
    Yes they are pushing these damn tools out and upgrading so fast that we will be spending money twice for the same tool!!! I also have everything you have from the SDP2 & Jl2 to work with my SC660 and the SDP2 which I havent really used yet and I spent a arm and leg for!!! I got the SC660 so I can create reports for the electrical, SEER, EER readings but I just found out that SDP2 and the SC660 must be synch together to get the systems efficiency reading!

Post Likes
    I have not used everything either.Its a learning curve.I don't have the time to do everything these meters can do when its hot in the summer, too busy.So i mess with them when have more time.they are nice when you need them .I also have an IManifold,But i use fieldpiece more.I'M waiting see when the SC680 will work with the Measure Quick app before I buy one.Don't worry ,in a year there will be a new meter.maybe one that will read 1000 volts.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast