Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie617 View Post
    OK, so he replaced control board per Amana tech support and still same issue. Tech support told him to bypass the pressure switch for gas valve and it is working now. I have to monitor over next few days to see if that works. He assured me there was no safety issues by doing this.
    What pressure switch? If its in there it there for a reason! Shut it down. Call the contractor back....Better yet find a different contractor!

Never Ever bypass a safety!

Post Likes
    The Amana tech told him there were 3 switches and you could bypass this one for the gas valve without issue?!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie617 View Post
    The Amana tech told him there were 3 switches and you could bypass this one for the gas valve without issue?!
    OK what do you want me to say? I'll error on the side of caution because I'm not there. Contact the company and ask exactly what switch they bypassed and request it in writing that it is not a safety issue!

Post Likes
    Maybe escalate this above the contractor to a Amana rep, something sounds wrong with this whole scenario. Bypassing safety's is never approved and it would be wise to go above your contractor to help get this resolved. Either go online and see if they have a way to get help or start with a distributor of Amana and see if they can point you to rep you can speak with.
    UA Local 32 retired as of Jan 2020

Post Likes
    Low pressure safety added so if tank gets too low or regulator fails then heat exchanger doesn't get sooted up? Sure it's a furnace problem and not a propane supply issue?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by martyinlincoln View Post
    Low pressure safety added so if tank gets too low or regulator fails then heat exchanger doesn't get sooted up? Sure it's a furnace problem and not a propane supply issue?
    Ill state its a Tech issue!

Post Likes
    You got 2 kinds of safety's, ones to prevent unit damage and ones to prevent damage to life and property. I cant imagine any factory tech support guy ever telling me to bypass either kind of safety. This company is either dangerous or you badly misunderstood what they meant, if you were my folks I'd tell you to call a different contractor, explain what's been happening and your concerns and see if they can get a senior tech to come look it over, make sure it's running safely and what their diagnosis is and any observations about the installation. I have seen a circuit board go bad and scramble about every low voltage component, sadly they didn't all go at once, took about a month before the last piece died, so it is possible that they have something like that happen. As soon as I read "tech bypassed a switch in my furnace" all the hair on my neck stood at attention!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123