Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    I would be making sure they are setting the valve up for propane.

If they just take it straight from the box and install it then that would be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Let's look at this line by line.

1) They weren't the cheapest quote.
    2) They put in a furnace that according to their tech has a tendency to go through gas valves once a year.
    3) They had to order the gas valve, that they didn't have in stock, for a furnace known to go through gas valves once a year.
    4) They put in the new gas valve and the furnace goes out again!

Anyone else see a problem here?
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Post Likes
    Myself i see a company that has no clue on what they are doing, ask friends or neighbors for who they use and trust. It would be wise to get another company/tech on this as they have no idea on what the original problem is.
    UA Local 32 retired as of Jan 2020

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by firecontrol View Post
    Let's look at this line by line.

1) They weren't the cheapest quote.
    2) They put in a furnace that according to their tech has a tendency to go through gas valves once a year.
    3) They had to order the gas valve, that they didn't have in stock, for a furnace known to go through gas valves once a year.
    4) They put in the new gas valve and the furnace goes out again!

Anyone else see a problem here?
    Unfortunately I see normal contractor operations.

We really need to raise the bar!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    They last longer then a year and at 13 months it should be covered by warranty.

Make and model of furnace?

Don't like the service try a different contractor.
    Do we still have no model for this furnace?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Starts with the owners of said company's, i guess if the money rolls in, a lot of them just bury their heads in the sand.
    UA Local 32 retired as of Jan 2020

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buford View Post
    Starts with the owners of said company's, i guess if the money rolls in, a lot of them just bury their heads in the sand.
    Or up there #$$

Post Likes
    Sorry, it's an Amana model ACVM970603BNAP.

Post Likes
    Sorry, it's an Amana model ACVM970603BNAP.

Post Likes
    Latest update, valve was replaced Thursday. Worked fine Thursday and Friday. Sat morning got up to no heat. Turned off the furnace at wall switch and it started and continued working all day. Woke up last night at 11:30 pm to NO heat again. Called the company around 12:30 am as we couldn't get it to work. Answering svc said someone would call us back. I called answering svc again at 6:30 am as no one called back. I finally got a call at 7:15 am and he said he would send someone out. They tech just left to go get a new "control board" as that was the consensus of opinion when he spoke to Goodman/Amana. Tech said he would have to check to see if under warranty or not. I am so frustrated as I cannot afford to keep paying for a newer furnace problems (13 months). The whole point of being proactive in replacing the old system was to avoid these issues..............At this point I don't know if it's the contractor or manufacturer.

Post Likes
    There's something else going on. This company / tech are guessing.

You paid for a gas valve that didn't resolve the issue, Personally I wouldn't pay anything until your satisfied the problem is resolved.

Post Likes
    Yeah, well I am not sure they would go along with not being paid. I am waiting to see when he gets back if I will be charged for any of it. Fingers crossed!!

Post Likes
    OK, so he replaced control board per Amana tech support and still same issue. Tech support told him to bypass the pressure switch for gas valve and it is working now. I have to monitor over next few days to see if that works. He assured me there was no safety issues by doing this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast