Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks978 View Post
    I believe you the evaporator is coated. What I dont believe is that the supply water passes over that evaporator then gets pumped back through the supply and deposits that residue. The supply water never returns to the supply water hose which is where we are finding the deposits, which eliminates evaporator coatings from possibilities
    In case you didn't catch it if you turn the ball valve inside the machine it circulates the water from the water trough through the supply section of the top spray tube.

2. Likes bacciagalupe liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    The evaporators are Stainless Steel the copper tubing is coated (in I believe Nickle someone will correct) this coating flakes off every time city water is added.

You can see the coating on the copper tubing
    So maybe our first conspiracy of 2020 but if the Hoshi evap tubing is nickel plated wouldn't you need to clean a Hoshi with nickel safe cleaner going against what all I've ever known to be true over the past 30 years or so? Oh my lol this is I whopper mind blown!

Post Likes
    You open that valve at the end when it’s diluted. I open that valve for once a min then dilute.

Post Likes
    Fine!
    I am sorry if you feel like I'm being disrespectful or disregarding what you say. I am most certainly NOT. You obviously have a lifetime more experience than I in this field, and I would normally agree with your assumption about debris and build-up being all over......because that was our first thought when we saw the trash in the spray tubes. Customer does NOT have a water filter on the water source line; so we thought that maybe it was trash from a city line that came loose and got into the water circuit. Lord knows the water system around these parts is old enough to have all kinds of trash in it. The reasoning behind my disagreeing is because we had done a cleaning/sanitizing less than a month prior to this problem occurring, and the ONLY place we found debris was in the lower tubes that are supplied solely by the 2 hoses we replaced.

Again, I'm sorry if I ruffled your feathers. That was not my intent.

Post Likes
    and FWIW
    I’m assuming Nickel coating on the copper!

Post Likes
    You open that valve at the end when it’s diluted. I open that valve for once a min then dilute.
    Yes but never though anybody would add highly corrosive chemicals into a hoshi any other way but the fully water filled sump.

Nickel plated Evap machine mfgs would always say don't use lime away. I'll take the plating off. I believe older hoshis would say use lime away specifically. It would be said use what ever you want to clean it. It's Stainless... You can use stronger cleaner than the other guys cause ours is stainless steel!

Post Likes
    Unfortunately the tubing isn't stainless and hence the delaminating nickle we find in the sump.
    I had a theater and they had to clean that check valve off the pump once a week.
    Lots of nickle tainted drinks served out of there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123