Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    That is the reason for the new account as I had a feeling my other post was going to be brought up. Nest replaced my thermostat as they saw it was faulty. Everything worked great afterwards as I said in the other thread. A year later, I am having a slightly different issue. I actually called Nest a few hours ago and spoke with someone that was actually quite helpful. He asked me if there were any power outages recently in my area (which there was) and believes it could be something to do with the transformer on the burner as we ran a couple tests using only the wires and he said he has seen something like it before.

I plan on scheduling a tech tomorrow as this may be out of my reach but I assure you that the thermostat has been replaced.

Post Likes
    Just because you don't want to hear that it could still be a Nest thermostat problem. Doesn't mean it isn't.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    I absolutely do want to hear that it's the thermostat. Money is quite tight right now for me and calling a tech is my last resort specially since I am posting about an issue that I hope I could solve on my own. Believe me, if the tech ends up telling me that it's the thermostat, I will make sure to drive over it and post it here for everyone to see.

Does a transformer sounds like a possibility?

Post Likes
    Not really.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    What thermostat are you using now?
    In March you posted you had gotten a cheap thermostat and the issue went away. Did you reinstall the Nest after that? Why not just keep the cheap thermostat and throw the Nest in the trash where it belongs?
    It sounds like the Nest is still causing issues. This is what they do, and why so many of us despise them.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    You really cant make this $hi! Up!

Post Likes
    Just wanted to update everyone that the issue with the AC Ready Kit. Tech replaced it and so far so good. He was able to reproduce the problem by calling for heat and wiggling the part with the letters a bit.

[Imgur](https://imgur.com/EzDYcvU)

Thank you everyone for your help.

Post Likes
    "AC Ready Kit", that's a different name for it. Please tell us the tech didn't call it that.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    He did indeed call it that. Searching for Beckett A/C Ready Kit online points to the parts he replaced. He may also have used another word but I recall A/C Ready Kit exactly. I researched about symptons of when this part fails and found a post by a user (not on this forum) where he describes the exact issue I had.

Post Likes
    They call it ac ready kit at the wholesaler. I've seen several fail and was going to suggest checking that. last few I did just used a standard relay, Nest shouldn't mess up a regular relay.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    The ac ready kits are garbage. I have replaced several and then got to the point that I just install beefier isolation relays when they fail... good catch and repair by your tech

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12