+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody make their own salsa?

Post Likes

Anybody make their own salsa?

I've been doing a little experimenting. Current batch is 6 medium sized tomatoes, 1/2 a jalapeno pepper seeds and all, 4 cloves of garlic, 1/2 a green bell pepper, 1/2 a red bell pepper, cilantro, and garlic salt.
    Wondering what kind of flavor I'd get if I substituted serrano or banana peppers for the bell peppers. Or habenero for jalapeno.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    I just made some a couple days ago. I go half and half Jalapeρo and Serrano peppers. With 12 tomatoes Id put 4 of each depending on size. I save the Habenero peppers for Salsa Verde. Dont forget the lime juice(from real limes, not a bottle, save the bottle for your drinks). Roast your peppers, you may want to throw a poblano or anaheim in the mix as well. I normally roast them on a cast iron skillet, but i know some who do it in the oven. I also slice the peppers long ways before roasting. If you use a blender instead of a food processor, you will have some runny salsa. You can defeat that by holding back the tomatoes and add them slowly and add the bulk last. Also, I boil the tomatoes with the peppers.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in