Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 22 of 22
  1. #14
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    26,598
    Post Likes
    Well, there's not always "a clear temperature drop". Especially if the system is overcharged and you have lots of subcooling.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Upstate, South Carolina
    Posts
    289
    Post Likes
    Did you ever get it resolved, if so what it was?

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lomita, CA
    Posts
    188
    Post Likes
    I have the same head scratcher right now. Rheem RTU heat pump. Works fine in Cooling. In Heating the head pressure will clime until the compressor cuts out on overload at about 600 PSI. I checked the temperatures across the RV, all within 2° So far I didn't test anything else.
    If there is a restriction or stuck piston, wouldn't the low side go in to a vacuum?

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    edmonds wa
    Posts
    4,434
    Post Likes
    Verify the indoor air supply is normal first.
    UA Local 32 retired as of Jan 2020

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19,281
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Airczech View Post
    I have the same head scratcher right now. Rheem RTU heat pump. Works fine in Cooling. In Heating the head pressure will clime until the compressor cuts out on overload at about 600 PSI. I checked the temperatures across the RV, all within 2° So far I didn't test anything else.
    If there is a restriction or stuck piston, wouldn't the low side go in to a vacuum?
    Start a new thread so as not to confuse this one.
    Case in point, who is buford responding to ?

  6. #19
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    26,598
    Post Likes
    He was probably responding to me.


    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Start a new thread so as not to confuse this one.
    Case in point, who is buford responding to ?
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19,281
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Well, there's not always "a clear temperature drop". Especially if the system is overcharged and you have lots of subcooling.
    This ^^^^^

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lomita, CA
    Posts
    188
    Post Likes

    High head

    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Start a new thread so as not to confuse this one.
    Case in point, who is buford responding to ?
    Sorry, didn’t mean to confuse anyone. I want to illustrate a possible solution by describing a similar issue.
    In my case, the RTU heat pump was overcharged. I ran it in cooling, and slowly removed the gas while watching the subcooling. It started at 30° and by the time I had 10° subcooling, there was 2 Lbs of gas in the recovery tank. Now the heat pump works fine, cooling and heating. I also made sure the airflow is good, before I started this whole proces, and had an amp probe on the blower the entire time.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Dallas,tx
    Posts
    523
    Post Likes
    Well if true cool season is working fine next to me is restricción, from air flow to refrigeration, yes no easy, good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contracting Business
HPAC Engineering
EC&M
CONTRACTOR