+ Reply to Thread

Thread: oil less vacuum pump

Post Likes

Lightbulb oil less vacuum pump

has anyone used a oil free vacuum pump for service work ?

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Yes but it was attached to the diesel engine in the van I was driving. It failed frequently.

In all seriousness I don't think there are any oil less vacuum pumps designed for ac service. That is more of a process or lab specialty type thing.

Sent from mars using Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Thanks , I was given this oil less vacuum pump from a friend of mine . He in turn got it from a friend of his who was cleaning out a house which also had different refrigerants and a recovery unit . So this guy has been using this pump for his service for years . So it got me thinking , either he been doing it wrong for years or he knows something we don't.
    Thanks again , Mario

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    That is super interesting. Have you put a micron gauge on it to test it?
    I would be surprised if it could get to 15 microns like an oiled pump but if it could get below 500 microns it may be helpful for initial drying of very wet systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by mario tonzelli View Post
    Thanks , I was given this oil less vacuum pump from a friend of mine . He in turn got it from a friend of his who was cleaning out a house which also had different refrigerants and a recovery unit . So this guy has been using this pump for his service for years . So it got me thinking , either he been doing it wrong for years or he knows something we don't.
    Thanks again , Mario
    Sent from mars using Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Doubt its rated for a deep vacuum

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    We have oil-less pumps for chillers and stuff. Ive used them on very wet systems.

They need to be sent back after so many hours for maintenance. You will know when you put a micron gauge on her and she dont pull down low anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Since this pump was given to me on Fri ,I haven't done anything but try it . It pulls a vacuum 30 in gauge . I'm going to put a micron gauge on it . I let you know .

Mario

8. Likes R600a, heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    OK I ran this pump for 15 minutes with a micron gauge on it . The best it could do was 60,000 microns . This is an old pump . so I guess part of the reading would be due to age . Either way this guy was using this type of vacuum pump for service work for a long time . Makes you wonder

10. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    They work great if they are serviced and maintained

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mario tonzelli View Post
    OK I ran this pump for 15 minutes with a micron gauge on it . The best it could do was 60,000 microns . This is an old pump . so I guess part of the reading would be due to age . Either way this guy was using this type of vacuum pump for service work for a long time . Makes you wonder
    If you get it serviced please report back the results you get from another test.

Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in