Post Likes

School hours for michigan

Hello I'm wondering if you need a certain amount of credit hours via schooling to become a joureyman in Michigan. Basically wondering what the requirements are

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler16123 View Post
    Hello I'm wondering if you need a certain amount of credit hours via schooling to become a joureyman in Michigan. Basically wondering what the requirements are
    https://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601...2954--,00.html

Post Likes
    As far as I know there is no Journeyman card for HVAC. There is only a Mechanical license which you must test for after completing an apprenticeship under a licensed Mech. Contractor.

Post Likes
    Depends if you’re Union or Non Union. In the union you have training hrs to become journeyman.

Non union, there are no journeyman cards only the mechanical license. You need 3 years under a licensed contractor before applying. There are multiple certifications you can get under the license as well. I hold all the certifications for residential work which is 7 I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    When I took the tests the State would give you one year credit for a approved school then you needed two more years working under a Mechanical Contractor. That was in the early 1980's.