Post Likes

Human Composting

I first heard of this idea three years ago in a TED talk. I thought it was very intriguing, disposing of a human body in the same way you would a cantaloupe or watermelon rind. Four weeks after the body in introduced to the composting pile it will be a pile of nitrogen rich topsoil. Colorado law makers will be voting to make this practice legal in Colorado. Washington state has already passed a similar law.

Colorado green burial bill

Post Likes
    Pushing up daisies.......

https://youtu.be/GVrJ6tozbMk
    Eric

Post Likes
    A rule is never add meat to a compost pile. It smells, attracts animals and might add stuff you might not want in the garden like all the crap a person's become.
    Human bodies have a concentration of many undesirables in fat cells. This is just my assumption after a day at the beach.

Now if there is a desire to test this method, collect a pile of road kill and see if this is a good idea.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger93rsl View Post
    I first heard of this idea three years ago in a TED talk. I thought it was very intriguing, disposing of a human body in the same way you would a cantaloupe or watermelon rind. Four weeks after the body in introduced to the composting pile it will be a pile of nitrogen rich topsoil. Colorado law makers will be voting to make this practice legal in Colorado. Washington state has already passed a similar law.

Colorado green burial bill
    “I’m sorry for the loss of your grandmother sir. We have plots available if you would like to bury her, or if you prefer you could have her cremated.”

“Actually, could you please wrap her up to go?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Seems like a step towards soylent green.

Post Likes
    Considering how "Green" it may or may not be is not the issue.
    Given the climate here I'm surprised they didn't try to make it Mandatory.
    What find interesting is that neither of the sponsors are from Boulder.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    Stupid should Hurt !
    If people took care of their cars like they do their HVAC Systems you'd see a lot more people walking
    !

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagey57 View Post
    Considering how "Green" it may or may not be is not the issue.
    Given the climate here I'm surprised they didn't try to make it Mandatory.
    What find interesting is that neither of the sponsors are from Boulder.
    I think Green has to be considered because of how our planet has become when affects weren't considered. Drowning in a sea of plastic.
    When composting bodies, are they all mixed together or can a person choose to be composted alone? Are the bodies mixed with vegetables? Will bodies be an open air thing like some First Nation tribes did. That would allow some animals to get first choice of the good stuff. Can the bodies wear clothes or is being naked required? What happens to the left overs? Doesn't an oven or funeral pyre accomplish the same thing?
    Who comes up with these ideas and why are they even considered?
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    If the left had their way, then newborn babies would supply a lot of compost. It could be enriched by the bloody tampons of him/hers. All good in a liberal regime.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    I think Green has to be considered because of how our planet has become when affects weren't considered. Drowning in a sea of plastic.
    When composting bodies, are they all mixed together or can a person choose to be composted alone? Are the bodies mixed with vegetables? Will bodies be an open air thing like some First Nation tribes did. That would allow some animals to get first choice of the good stuff. Can the bodies wear clothes or is being naked required? What happens to the left overs? Doesn't an oven or funeral pyre accomplish the same thing?
    Who comes up with these ideas and why are they even considered?

You should read the link &/or watch the videos provided by the OP.
    Should answer most of your questions.
    Might even get you thinking about choosing this/these (second video) methods.

I'll consider it if legally a viable option.
    Eric