Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Porch Pirates

Post Likes

Porch Pirates

Another thing we can thank the great and powerful net for.

More and more folks abandoning brick and mortar for amazon, etsy... whatever..... Now we have a new class of sorry no good for nothing thieves out there...... the porch pirate.

And its gonna get worse. Bad now... cause its xmas time but its already a year round problem that is just going to get worse.

Po leece on the news this morning said they dont have the time or resources to try and tackle the problem.... and I read a news story saying some places are considering fines and maybe jail time for the thefts... if they catch the person....

Considering fines... and jail time...... WTF...... ITS THEFT !!! STEALING !!!

Anyhow... I know now that you can have packages sent to those amazon boxes and I believe that now you can have packages dropped off at places like CVS..... though... places like CVS... I would still be worried about employee theft.

I think the best way... if you are really wanting to make sure you get your stuff.... is use a place like those amazon boxes or a business that specializes in receiving stuff like that.... or if you work for a place...... seeing if you can have packages delivered there.

Of course the work thing..... if you are at a large company and everyone starts doing it... might not work out due to work having to handle a large amount of packages
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    I get all of my mail via a box at a nearby UPS store. I have for years. That said, I saw a video the other day of how one woman deals with porch thieves. She takes her empty Amazon boxes, fills them with used kitty litter, seals them up and places them on the porch.

Post Likes
    Rattle snakes make nice box bait

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I get all of my mail via a box at a nearby UPS store. I have for years. That said, I saw a video the other day of how one woman deals with porch thieves. She takes her empty Amazon boxes, fills them with used kitty litter, seals them up and places them on the porch.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    I haven't seen one yet with a eye patch on

Post Likes
    Have them delivered to work, the spouse's work, neighbor who is home, etc.

Seems like people don't think, or care enough to help themselves.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    If I ever catch a porch pirate I am going to go for one of his or her eyeballs. That way when court day comes they will be wearing an eye patch.

Prob cut a hand off to if I could make it look like self defense.

Post Likes
    https://youtu.be/xoxhDk-hwuo

Saw this video a few weeks ago. Think he is a former or current NASA engineer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

9. Likes BALloyd liked this post
    Post Likes
    Many.. if not all ... glitter bomb vids are staged.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Same here...

Secure... the only issue... when they are closed (at 7 PM evenings)... I cannot get my package until tomorrow...
    Small price to pay...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Hundreds...I’ve got bunches delivered in my liberal city with no problemo.

Got to watch my step coming in late in the dark. Don’t want to trip on a box of stuff.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    Hundreds...I’ve got bunches delivered in my liberal city with no problemo.

Got to watch my step coming in late in the dark. Don’t want to trip on a box of stuff.
    Where do you live? Perhaps I'll pop over and tidy up the porch...

Post Likes
    It’s a problem around here. What makes me so mad is that a lot of folks are forced into using express scripts and a lot of this stolen mail etc .. is people’s medicine.

It should be the death penalty for stealing someone’s medicine.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast