Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

Flame Rollout Sensor Keeps Tripping After ~Hour, Replaced It, Keeps Happening

Morning

Heil propane furnace.

It works fine for an hour or so, then one of the two (upper one) Flame Rollout Senors trips. So I reset it, works for another hour or so, trips.

The sensor that kept tripping I replaced, keeps happening.

I do NOT see any evidence of flame rollout as in nothing is dark, burned, singed.
    I watch the two flame jets and they seem to work perfectly fine.
    As far as I can see inside I dont see any blockage.
    There is a little black soot lying around on a metal bar underneath the ignitor.

In my ignorance Im thinking if it works for an hour or so there isn't a blockage? I didnt see any blockage?

Advice please?

Thanks in advance!

Post Likes
    Stop blindly guessing / changing parts and get a contractor with test equipment too find the cause.
    The flame roll out is doing its job!

Post Likes
    Its likely absorbing heat from the burner box. Might want to have someone come out and do a combustion analysis.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Stop blindly guessing / changing parts and get a contractor with test equipment too find the cause.
    The flame roll out is doing its job!
    I understand, but the part was only $16 and I figured I would try DIY before spending $500+ on a professional. YouTube, the internet and being handy has saved me thousands over the years on all sorts of things from cars to washing machines

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    Its likely absorbing heat from the burner box. Might want to have someone come out and do a combustion analysis.

Would you mind explaining this please, I don't understand about absorbing heat from the burner box, thanks.

Post Likes
    The problem with Boob tube and the internet is There's NO accountability! You have no idea if the information is accurate, current or even safe!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KVFurnace View Post
    Would you mind explaining this please, I don't understand about absorbing heat from the burner box, thanks.
    The metal its attached to is what im referring to as the burner box.

Post Likes
    After doing more research, Im anxious to say if I have an issue with cracks in the heat exhangers Im looking at getting a new furnace for thousands of dollars. So Id like to try the inexpensive fixes first.

Post Likes
    You will likely waist more time and money on the one you have attempting to diagnose the prob. Just get a new one quoted and be done with it.

Post Likes
    You will likely waist more time and money on the one you have attempting to diagnose the prob. Just get a new one quoted and be done with it.

3 or 4 hours on boob tube replaces 20, 30 and 40 years of experience!

11. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post
    Post Likes

So there arent any possible simple issues? Is it basically "it's working or it's thousands of dollars" lol? If my car doesnt start I dont immediately change the engine! Is there nothing else I can DIY troubleshoot? Thanks, forgive my ignorance.

Post Likes
    First you're not a technician. So you'd waste a lot of time trying to fight figure it out second this is not a DIY site so we can't really help you on that might just end up blowing yourself up. 3rd troubleshooting a gas furnace sometimes requires a skill set. That a lot of technicians these days don't have.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KVFurnace View Post
    So there arent any possible simple issues? Is it basically "it's working or it's thousands of dollars" lol? If my car doesnt start I dont immediately change the engine! Is there nothing else I can DIY troubleshoot? Thanks, forgive my ignorance.
    There could be Simple issues but were not there to see what's happening, do not have test equipment connected. FWIW you paying for the knowledge that takes 5 years to begin with and a lifetime to master and 10's of thousands in test equipment!

Keep messing with it yourself...…….Just get a Low Level CO monitor not the worthless ones the big box stores sell!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast