Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 170
  1. #40
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    Historically, the Democratic Party was for the working man. I’d be okay.
    So was Jimmy Hoffa.

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    6,782
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    What would you guys enjoying union wages do....if....the gop went old school gop.
    I started working at age 14 and I'm now almost 76, never worked for any union, and never would.

    And I did ok without them.

    Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

  3. #42
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    25,452
    Post Likes
    This has got to be the single most stupid post you have ever made on this forum.



    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    It's too bad your Dad was affected by the hippies. Most of them never had to work raise kids, pay mortgages, but they were just kids that got a lot of press for misbehaving.
    But they morphed into quasi conservatives or flaming liberals just like their parents.

    But like this post started out I am glad of the true believer hippies that are still standing.
    Not so much as what they believe or do, but that they still have the beliefs they started with. An exercise in Liberty. I'm excluding the political hippies. They were just a bunch of angry kids who became dangerous.
    The hippies were the most important culture shift of the last century. I think most can understand that if only for the music. Ten years before the #1 hit was How Much Is That Doggy In The Window.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

    I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

    Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gladstone, Oregon (Portland)
    Posts
    1,797
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    It's too bad your Dad was affected by the hippies. Most of them never had to work raise kids, pay mortgages, but they were just kids that got a lot of press for misbehaving.
    But they morphed into quasi conservatives or flaming liberals just like their parents.

    But like this post started out I am glad of the true believer hippies that are still standing.
    Not so much as what they believe or do, but that they still have the beliefs they started with. An exercise in Liberty. I'm excluding the political hippies. They were just a bunch of angry kids who became dangerous.
    The hippies were the most important culture shift of the last century. I think most can understand that if only for the music. Ten years before the #1 hit was How Much Is That Doggy In The Window.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    This has got to be the single most stupid post you have ever made on this forum.
    Yep, like I said, garbage post. Just complete nonsense.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    25,452
    Post Likes
    For what it is worth, I grew up in Santa Cruz, CA. Probably one of the cities at the forefront of the whole hippie movement. The idea is you suck off of everyone else.

    Some of those people are now in congress. Still pushing their idealistic ways.

    Take a trip to San Francisco. Take a look at how it turned out. Bums pissing and shitting in the streets. Putting needles in themselves, then discarding those needles in the street.

    Anyone hear about the recent decision by Oracle? They chose to have their annual convention in another city. Due to the complaints from the employees that the streets of San Francisco are too filthy. At a loss of $64,000,000 to the city. That's how committed SF is to maintain the hippy movement from the 60's.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

    I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

    Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

  6. Likes Fender60 liked this post
  7. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    9,595
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Sorry, but that post was complete garbage.
    Explain your comment or get out of the conversion. I was there.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

    You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

    If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

    USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

  8. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    9,595
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    This has got to be the single most stupid post you have ever made on this forum.
    How does this mean anything?? To say stupid is in itself stupid w/o a reason to arrive at that conclusion. Exactly what are you referring to? Along with AP's comment you both have arrived at a new level of incompetence.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

    You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

    If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

    USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

  9. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    9,595
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post

    I grew up in Santa Cruz, CA. Probably one of the cities at the forefront of the whole hippie movement. The idea is you suck off of everyone else.

    Some of those people are now in congress. Still pushing their idealistic ways.

    Take a trip to San Francisco. Take a look at how it turned out. Bums pissing and shitting in the streets. Putting needles in themselves, then discarding those needles in the street.

    Anyone hear about the recent decision by Oracle? They chose to have their annual convention in another city. Due to the complaints from the employees that the streets of San Francisco are too filthy. At a loss of $64,000,000 to the city. That's how committed SF is to maintain the hippy movement from the 60's.

    For what's worth is worth nothing. I grew up in Chicago. So what. The changes during that time were like no other. It was a quantum shift from how the society was understood before.
    But I'm wasting my time.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

    You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

    If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

    USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

  10. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gladstone, Oregon (Portland)
    Posts
    1,797
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Your post speaks for itself. No need to get into details. Smart people who read it know it.

  11. Likes Fender60 liked this post
  12. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gladstone, Oregon (Portland)
    Posts
    1,797
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    And we have an unequivocal knowledge of how society was understood then and now. Still doesn’t mean your posts aren’t complete nonsense.

  13. Likes Fender60 liked this post
  14. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    9,595
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    No... there is a difference...

    However understanding that difference...
    Requires one to come down from their intellectual ivory tower and realize there IS ultimate truth that does NOT change.

    Intellectuals do not like the idea of a truth that is above their minds...
    GA feels sorry for folks that have been fooled by the pseudo reality of the intellectual mindset.

    Well golly GA, tell us the truth.
    Are you talking about the speed of light.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

    You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

    If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

    USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

  15. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    9,595
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    And we have an unequivocal knowledge of how society was understood then and now. Still doesn’t mean your posts aren’t complete nonsense.

    Unequivocal..Free from error??? No we don't have that knowledge. We have sociologists still pondering what happened.
    An example if your remotely interested was the theory that social change happened at the bottom of the social order, migrated to the upper a class, and filtered down to the middle class. The change during the 60's was a middle class movement initially and almost entirely. That was not normal or understood.
    So tell me how I post nonsense.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

    You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

    If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

    USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

  16. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gladstone, Oregon (Portland)
    Posts
    1,797
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    You defend the hippy movement as some 60s culture that defined us. Uuuhhhhh....wrong!!!!!

    They were just another gaggle of anti-American, lazy, drug using losers. You put them on a pedestal.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •