Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    I pray for you.
    Thanks, likewise I will pray for you.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Post Likes
    I can happily say the older I get the less and less I like either of our two parties we have.

Economically speaking I am on the right.

Social policy I am middle road.

Someone brought up the whole gender thing. My view, I don’t give a flying f what you wanna call yourself, just keep it to yourself and in your home. I keep my personal life mine keep yours yours and I don’t care what you do.

Left right center every last person in dc is worthless in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    I can happily say the older I get the less and less I like either of our two parties we have.

Someone brought up the whole gender thing. My view, I don’t give a flying f what you wanna call yourself, just keep it to yourself and in your home. I keep my personal life mine keep yours yours and I don’t care what you do.

The problem is that they aren’t keeping it at home. Some very destructive things will happen if they keep it as open as they want it to be.

Post Likes
    While my nickname is GA, and I live in the great state of Georgia...

I grew up in Texas... yeah, one of those...

Dad was in the Navy in WW2...
    Both grandparents were what was called 'stick in the mud conservative', back then...
    Problem was... the folks calling the names... could not defend their progressive viewpoints...
    While Grandpa Will and Grandpa Don could... quit well I might add.

So GA grew up hearing traditional conservative stuff at home...

Add to this... when I got into high school... for some reason, I developed an interest in studying the WHY's of the foundation of our country... which lead to studying the Constitution and the Federalist papers.
    Side note: I highly recommend anyone that is in the least bit interested... study the Federalist papers!

Back on subject: This high school time, when I was interested in the foundation of the USA...
    Was during the turbulent period in the late 1960's... when it was just not cool to be a conservative.
    Problem was... like with my grandpa's... the lefties could not defend their viewpoints... but the conservatives could... quite well I might add.

Sooo... the only logical conclusion I could come to...
    Was (and still is): that the liberals do not know what they are talking about...
    Yet the conservative principles and views, just WORK... yes, it is that simple, they just work!
    My personal opinion; they work because they have a foundation in both common sense and Judeo/Christian values (however that last part is another thread).

Sooo... I guess you could say: GA grew up with conservative influence... researched it... and decided it was, and still is, correct...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    It would be fantastic if liberalism did what they claim. The problem is it does the exact opposite. It doesn't feed the poor it helps starve them. It doesn't heal the sick it accelerates their death. It doesn't free the slaves it condemns them to ever lasting servitude. It just doesn't work and never has and never will.
    Any moron can see through the Trump impeachment process. It is an example of how the liberals believe in justice. They can't coexist with freedom.
    THEY ARE NUTS!!!!
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

6. Likes vin lashon liked this post
    Post Likes
    Im still not enlightened, all my heroes are liberal. Johnny cash, george carlin, woody guthrie. Well to be specific woody was communist but, pretty close lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    The problem is that they aren’t keeping it at home. Some very destructive things will happen if they keep it as open as they want it to be.
    I agree.

I guess to answer the original question, I grew in a republican family of small business owners that so that is where I was taught most of my views.

I can say for certain I will never vote left, but here lately I find it harder to vote for people that are “right”

Post Likes
    IMO... folks let their emotions get involved in politics... and it seems to be normal...

However...

When someone votes, based on what the candidate or the platform makes them feel like...
    They are NOT being objective.

Now tell me...
    How many times does feelings make ones life work better...
    VS
    How many times does being objective (do what one know one has to)...
    Make ones life work better???
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post

But that's not part of the Agenda. They aren't satisfied with 'live and let live'. Their goal is to mandate our approval and compliance. The unattainable 'prize' is normalization and justification. In simpler terms: We will make you not only accept us, but elevate us, upon penalty of law.

Post Likes
    North Carolina was traditionally a Democratic state! BUT----------back then,a moderate to almost conservative viewpoint.
    Over the years it, and I, changed.
    We could talk for years on different points, but at the root of it is---responsibility; respect; self reliance; patriotism, and yes, even
    compassion for the truly needy with a narrow definition of the word!!
    My two cents!!!!
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!

Post Likes
    One of the local talk radio folks...
    For the locals: Eric Ericsson...

Has a phrase he uses from time to time, when discussing the progressive left:

'You will be made to care'

Think on that a bit...

Is there freedom in that???
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    The problem with so called normalization of the freaks, is that someone is going to pay for it, and pay for it dearly. Imagine a world where we can’t tell men from women. Can’t tell gays from lesbians. Can’t speak out on god, religion and conservatism. That is one scary damn world, not a world I want my children living in.

14. Likes vin lashon liked this post
    Post Likes
    Another thought...
    A saying I remember hearing years ago:

Freedom without responsibility, is anarchy...
    And anarchy turns into an oligarch (warlord) society.

I wonder... do the lefties really want to live in a society where a handful of folks control everything...
    And the other 99%+ are peasants???
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast