Post Likes

Goodman Variable Speed HZ322K

I have a Goodman Variable Speed, Two Stage Furnace. Additionally, have Honeywell HZ311 Zone Board. Believe the Goodman furnace has an automatic timer for stage 2. Would I see a benefit by upgrading to HZ322 for two stage heating capability?

Additionally and perhaps unrelated, I am experiencing random times of calls for cooling in Zone 2 on Honeywell HZ311 board. I have double checked wiring and tstat settings (Ecobee4) even switched them to heat only and turned hourly fan settings off and still get random cooling call. Only difference in this zone is I have a separate transformer with connected relay to power dampers (5 Damper Motors) otherwise they are same. Other two zones on system have Ecobee 3 and Lennox comfortsense tstat. Any advice is appreciated.

Post Likes
    You would probably see better comfort as you would probably rarely ever need to go to high stage unless all zones were calling, I find it unlikely that any of your zones individually have enough airflow capacity in the ducting to handle 2nd stage heat. As for your random cooling call, time to call out your contractors senior tech, but you could start by having them install the 2 stage board and see what happens. Verify first that all your different tstats are capable of 2 stage and have enough wires for it, when that's resolved make sure they set the control board for tstat controls staging and no longer timer controlled

Post Likes
    Not sure the 322 does it but the 432 has a feature where you can zone by % of zones calling. This makes sure the furnace doesn't go into high without enough zone dampers open to take the air. Avoids short cycling on the discharge air sensor. At one point the 311 had a high limit of 170 which meant the furnace shut itself off before the zone panel did. Furnace limits don't like to open & close a lot, they tend to stick open leaving you without heat.