Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Screw the service guy

Saw this on vacation in NC.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    At least you would be mostly out of the rain, and the outdoor unit is on the same floor as the evaporator.
    What they should have done, was mount it outboard of the handrail, on the floor above. That way you have the angry customer and their inconvenienced upstairs neighbor.

Post Likes
    Just keep a few extra units on site. If one ever stops working, just change it out.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Seen way worse than that.....

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Why is it always a Diakin. I mean goodman. Ah whoever the heck makes them these days......

Post Likes
    6' step ladder vs 32' extension ladder, I'll take that trade any day.

Post Likes
    Well yeah, but they only used 1 line set on the hole (SP intended) job. Matter of fact if the connection stubs on the inside unit were long enough they may not have needed a line set, just direct connection and only 2 joints to leak.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Well yeah, but they only used 1 line set on the hole (SP intended) job. Matter of fact if the connection stubs on the inside unit were long enough they may not have needed a line set, just direct connection and only 2 joints to leak.
    What about the minimum line set length?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    What about the minimum line set length?
    From the back of the inside unit, through the wall, to the connections on the unit. How much more minimum do you want?

Or are you talking they need to be at least X feet long. There is no space for extra line unless you wrap it around the fan shroud.

I really shouldn't post some of this stuff, it may give people bad ideas. And we all know these guys have enough bad ideas of their own.

Post Likes
    Back in the day, there was one brand or other of ice machine that required a minimum line set length of something like 25 or 40 feet or whatever. They said to just leave the extra as a flat coil next to the outdoor unit.

I ended up working with a lot of techs who would comment, what a hack install. Had to explain to them that was per the mfg's spec's. Told them to read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    From the back of the inside unit, through the wall, to the connections on the unit. How much more minimum do you want?

Or are you talking they need to be at least X feet long. There is no space for extra line unless you wrap it around the fan shroud.

I really shouldn't post some of this stuff, it may give people bad ideas. And we all know these guys have enough bad ideas of their own.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Lots of precharged line sets out there. 15, 20, 30 ft. long.
    Sure, you could cut them down to fit your job. Lose the precharged gas, weld them in, vacuum them down. Kinda defeats the purpose of using them.
    There were also line sets where the liquid line was the metering device, those you left as is.

Post Likes
    Yep. No board repairs on those, at least not onsite. Swap it and repair in the shop . With a cold beer in hand.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Back in the day, there was one brand or other of ice machine that required a minimum line set length of something like 25 or 40 feet or whatever. They said to just leave the extra as a flat coil next to the outdoor unit.

I ended up working with a lot of techs who would comment, what a hack install. Had to explain to them that was per the mfg's spec's. Told them to read the manual.
    Lennox A/Cs use to be that way (60's) not so much the suction but the liquid. It was 1/4" or 3/16th" tube and 50ish feet long usually laying above the plenum or laying on the center wall plate. It was the or part of the metering device. Some of those units had a short cap tube inside the condenser just before it exited the cabinet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast