Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

Bryant Evoltion - Want humidifer to turn on when only fan is running

Currently my humidifier only turns on when the gas burner is running.

I get 90% of my heat from a ducted wood burner that bypasses the bryant unit. The wood burner fan is only suitable to bypass but is short on static to get circulation around the house as desired. So I run the bryant fan to boost the wood burners heat around the house.

I would like the humidifer to run when the fan is on and humidity is low.

Currently I have it running whenever fan is on and regardless of humidity.

This is my first post. I am a commercial hvac engineer and designer. If I get my answer I'll share the slam post about me from 10 years ago when I almost burnt down a commercial bakery with a slight oversight at commissioning.

Post Likes
    They make a sensor that goes on the fan to tell the humidifier its OK to run.

A bucket of spiced water on the wood stove is easier!

Post Likes
    What type of humidifier?
    The Honeywell’s I install have a setup where the humidifier tells the furnace fan to start whenever the house needs moisture.

I would think most newer, non generic units would have the same function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    In the old days we just used a simple air flow switch.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    It is an Aprilaire 700. There is no communication from humidifier to Bryant. It only has 24VAC signal input from Bryant to humidifer. Setup is 10+ years old. I recently purchased home.

I am currently running off the fan proving signal on the Bryant control board. I could add a humidistat inline with this signal, which may be my best option. But Bryant has "smart" humidity control based on outside temperature. It uses this to turn humidifier on and off when gas heat is on. I want this "smart" functionality when just the fan is running.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scottieamn View Post
    It is an Aprilaire 700. There is no communication from humidifier to Bryant. It only has 24VAC signal input from Bryant to humidifer. Setup is 10+ years old. I recently purchased home.

I am currently running off the fan proving signal on the Bryant control board. I could add a humidistat inline with this signal, which may be my best option. But Bryant has "smart" humidity control based on outside temperature. It uses this to turn humidifier on and off when gas heat is on. I want this "smart" functionality when just the fan is running.
    Sail Switch or Current Sensor.

A relay will work as well!

Post Likes
    I think people are missing the question. I am well aware how to make this work based off fan proving switch and a stand-alone humidistat. But a simple humidistat does not modulate the humidity setpoint based on outside temperature like the bryant system does when the gas burner is running.

I am wondering if there is din switch or secret setting not shown in provided literature to make the humidistat output signal turn on when only the fan is running and humidity is low. Currently the bryant humidistat ouput only signals when the gas burner is running and humidity is low.

This may have been a shortcoming of early Evolution controls that was later updated. I think I read that somewhere when I was first researching this but cannot find that info again.

Post Likes
    If there is an EAC terminal, that would be energized when the blower is on.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    If there is an EAC terminal, that would be energized when the blower is on.
    It is currently running off an EAC or similar terminal. Please re-read my above posts. This does not answer my question.

Post Likes
    So like when the g terminal has 24v.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    There is a HUM 24V output that functions based on burner function and low humidity. I want to know if I can change this output to function based on fan function and low humidity from the bryant controls.

Post Likes
    After market humidastats eill!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    After market humidastats eill!
    I am interested in using the equipment that is already installed. Is there a Bryant guru who knows if this is possible by switching a control setting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast