Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    +1 on the bungee cord

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Speaking of ladders . . . Started doing this trade well over 35 years ago. And during the first 2/3's of my career. Probably never tied off a ladder. As I got older, figured I should start paying more attention to safety. So now I tie my ladder off every time I set it up. Just this last week a huge wind kicked up. Good thing that ladder was tied off!

Attachment 813288
    Thats funny. I was another one who never tied a ladder off. Got up on a roof and the wind picked up and blew the ladder down. Not damage no one hurt.

Luckily there was a group of people at the building next door eating lunch. One guy asked if I needed my ladder to get down. I told him yea. He put the ladder up & I got down.

I tie the ladder off ever since. Sometimes you have to be a little creative on finding something to tie off to.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Post Likes
    I had my ladder blow down once and oh boy was I glad I was not on the roof. Now I carry 50' of rope and if nothing else at least I can hoist the ladder back up if it falls.
    I also like a piece of romex for tying off to sturdy gutters.

My grandpa was an electrician so he uses 6 2 romex to tie his ladder to the ladder rack It works amazing.

Sent from mars using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Bout 5 years ago I was working on a second story wall hung that had a little platform built around it... as soon as I stepped off the ladder it fell. 30 MPH winds... snowing..... Luckily I didnt leave the phone on the truck seat.

Took about 30 minutes for someone to get there...

I tie off to something before I get off the ladder...... and a lot of times..... I take up that holy strap and screw into whatever flashing they have on top of the roof edge..... or into the gutter. And leave the strap there.

Went on one this week... ladder barely made it to the edge of the roof....... then it was 6 feet down on the other side..

Had to drag a six footer up behind me to get down into the roof area. Thats a 2 man job now.... lol
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12