Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Get the manuals from Cleaver-Brooks. Tons of info.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=evict;25817959]
    Quote Originally Posted by lzenglish View Post
    [COLOR="#000000"][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ok evict, Thanks! Now if you still need/want help, then i'm ready. To start with, i love humor, but when it comes to high pressure steam boilers, i have No room for it. What we are dealing with, is a ticking time bomb just looking for an opportunity to explode, and kill, Scald and or Mame, so that's the way i Treat/Respect them. This is why i have never, and will never help anyone skate by, or cheat on a Licence Test Exam. I will however help a "Legitimate, Qualified, Boiler Operator" in our trade to "Think Deeper", to "Help Prepare" "for Advancement". If You Don't Get it, or Can't Cut the Mustard, then Stay Away From HPB's Please.! Are you a Stationary Engineer, an Operating Engineer, or a so called Maintenance Engineer? Are you a member of the local 501 Operating Engineers Union? What Boilers do you currently Operate, Troubleshoot, and or Repair? Is This Your Testing announcement below? See You Soon, i hope.

Haha thanks, any help would be appreciated!
    I am a Operating Engineer, non union.
    I've been in the plant for almost 3 years now.
    Went to school, read book after book on boilers etc, so I have the knowledge, just not on certain things. We don't have any old timers here or anyone with a license working here that I could pick their brain on things (it's not mandatory in O.C.)
    We have two Cleaver Brooks 167hp boilers, we run them at 60psi.
    Also, yes that is the form for the test.
    Sorry but schooling and reading is not even 1/2 of the training needed. Don't know how the test is on the left coast but here the 2 FDNY guys will chew you up and spit you out. They can smell On The Job Training!

Keep reading and studying the boilers at your plant.

Id look in to this also:
    https://www.iuoe.org/training/statio...ineer-training

Post Likes
    Thanks evict. I will be back soon and we will dive in.

Post Likes
    Thanks evict. I will be back soon and we will dive in.
    Ok evict, let us start here: Read up on these technical articles in the left hand column, and i will get back to you soon. "especially #3". PS: No Need to Respond Yet, unless you fell the need to do so. https://www.nationalboard.org/Index....eID=164&ID=412

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Whats a "Hartford Loop"? Thats a Q that was on my State Of Connecticut test to get a Certified HVACR Mechanics License. Thats the highway that bypasses the city,just like the Chicago Loop! That was my A on the test.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    Whats a "Hartford Loop"? Thats a Q that was on my State Of Connecticut test to get a Certified HVACR Mechanics License. Thats the highway that bypasses the city,just like the Chicago Loop! That was my A on the test.

Thanks for all the info lzenglish, I'm still reading through the articles!

That question was on my test also. A Hartford Loop is a gravity return connection that has a return pipe that brings the boiler up to NOWL. There's an equalizer loop to prevent the boiler water level from being forced below the safe water level.

There was a detailed picture on how it works in I think the Boiler Exam Prep Guide book. =)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by evict View Post
    Thanks for all the info lzenglish, I'm still reading through the articles!

My Pleasure! What is your C-B Boiler Model Number? Is it model 4? We will use it here later.

Post Likes
    My Pleasure! What is your C-B Boiler Model Number? Is it model 4? We will use it here later.
    Model 2, FLX 700-700 150.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by evict View Post
    Model 2, FLX 700-700 150.
    10/4, See You Later On This Week.

Post Likes
    Mornin evict: Let me finish up my advice to you on your upcoming steam licence test. You have all the tools you need, to LEARN the Steam Boiler Operation, ie. the internet is jam packed full of it. If, you are not allowed to go hands on, (adjust and repair), with your Cleaver brooks, then consider this. Find someone (ie. Steam Boiler Engineer),who is well versed on "High Pressure Steam Boilers", and ask if you can shadow, and learn from them, at "Their Boiler Plant", a few nights a week, (Graveyard shift is best for learning). Now this could be an Old Salty Dog, or not so old boilerman who knows his sh!t inside and out. That's right, you will offer to (Work for Knowledge) which is "PRICELESS", if its "Good Knowledge"! Bottom Line evict, "Learn Every Component of the Steam Boiler", how it works, and why it is "Needed for SAFE Operation". If you cannot go Hands On, then go Eyes On, and get your Mind Dirty instead of your Hands. Repetition is key here, so don't hit it once, and think you got it, hit it over and over again. "All The Best To You"!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12