Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 79 to 91 of 103
  1. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Avondale AZ
    Posts
    908
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    That's par for the course in the military. Are you saying that the shootings were justified because he waa called "pornstache"?
    Its apparent that you have no idea what the Military is really like these days, Insults to persons or people are not tolerated and individuals can and will be disciplined for said actions. The Instructor that did the insulting was a private contractor not a member of the Military and had no clue as to the extent of his insults on the student.

    It's also apparent you have never stepped foot in Saudi Arabia nor anywhere else in the Middle East where Porn soft or hard core possession is strictly prohibited , You don't have adult book stores on every block selling magazines and adult toys, nor are there strip bars or adult movie theaters like here in the states and most definitely not on the TV

    Years ago when I was flying into Saudi I had a sailor sitting next to me that showed me his stash of porn in his carry on bag, This was yrs before TSA and the screening process these days, he had a wide variety of explicit magazines no soft porn for this guy ! Anyway we were an hour out before landing and going thru their security check, he was densely unaware that if caught trying to bring this stuff into the country his butt was definitely going to jail with little hope of bail. I spoke with the flight attendant and she suggested we dispose of it in the trash in the restrooms, it took 3 of them but we managed to dump it all.

    No This does not justify the students actions but like the Sailor the instructor was unaware of the how serious the Saudi's take this sorta of stuff and how offending it would be to a Saudi National to be referred to in such a manner. Some of his classmates were also offended as they helped him file a complaint against the instructor which most likely was shrugged off as something minor because of their ignorance of other Countries cultures and beliefs.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

  2. #80
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,217
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by retired btc View Post
    Its apparent that you have no idea what the Military is really like these days, Insults to persons or people are not tolerated and individuals can and will be disciplined for said actions. The Instructor that did the insulting was a private contractor not a member of the Military and had no clue as to the extent of his insults on the student.

    It's also apparent you have never stepped foot in Saudi Arabia nor anywhere else in the Middle East where Porn soft or hard core possession is strictly prohibited , You don't have adult book stores on every block selling magazines and adult toys, nor are there strip bars or adult movie theaters like here in the states and most definitely not on the TV

    Years ago when I was flying into Saudi I had a sailor sitting next to me that showed me his stash of porn in his carry on bag, This was yrs before TSA and the screening process these days, he had a wide variety of explicit magazines no soft porn for this guy ! Anyway we were an hour out before landing and going thru their security check, he was densely unaware that if caught trying to bring this stuff into the country his butt was definitely going to jail with little hope of bail. I spoke with the flight attendant and she suggested we dispose of it in the trash in the restrooms, it took 3 of them but we managed to dump it all.

    No This does not justify the students actions but like the Sailor the instructor was unaware of the how serious the Saudi's take this sorta of stuff and how offending it would be to a Saudi National to be referred to in such a manner. Some of his classmates were also offended as they helped him file a complaint against the instructor which most likely was shrugged off as something minor because of their ignorance of other Countries cultures and beliefs.
    Thanks for the current information. You're right, I don't know what the military is like today. I put my time in quite sometime back. Things were different then, before Liberal PC infected the nation...better, IMO. Regardless, as you mention, being called a name is not justification for what happened, whether an American citizen is involved or a "guest" of this nation.

  3. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    23,418
    Post Likes
    Great, now we have to worry about Saudi muzzy wahhabi snowflakes...whats next?

  4. #82
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,217
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Great, now we have to worry about Saudi muzzy wahhabi snowflakes...whats next?
    Apparently, the sky's the limit.

  5. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Avondale AZ
    Posts
    908
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Thanks for the current information. You're right, I don't know what the military is like today. I put my time in quite sometime back. Things were different then, before Liberal PC infected the nation...better, IMO. Regardless, as you mention, being called a name is not justification for what happened, whether an American citizen is involved or a "guest" of this nation.
    Well its been 25 yrs since I retired but since I deal with some of the newer Veterans they kept me inform on the state of the current Military, It's definitely not the Military I served in nor is it something I would enjoy now, as You mentioned its become PC most likely because of the kinder gentler mentality and the entitlement attitude.

    We ( being the Military ) Have been training Foreign National's in various trades for years, We had a company of Saudi's training in Boot Camp in the 70's, In The 80's I was part of a detachment teaching Turks how to operate one of the ships we were selling them, in the 90's When I taught Main Propulsion to students we had a class of Chinese students and I am sure there are many other instances.

    No there is no Justification for the shooting but there is also no Justification for an Instructor to berate or insult and ridicule his/her students esp if they are is unfamiliar with the students culture.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

  6. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    20,991
    Post Likes
    Instructor probably just funnin with guy. Trying to make him feel like one of the guys.
    People get ribbed all the time. Maybe haji should have got the instructor aside and explained the situation or something.

  7. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    20,110
    Post Likes
    Back when I was in the Army 67-70 and the Nat. Guard till 80 it was a DD and 5 years at Ft Leavenworth Military Prison if you were caught committing sodomy. It should still be that way IMHO and women don't belong outside the medical core and clerical jobs. We need to go back to the way it was if you ask me. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

  8. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Avondale AZ
    Posts
    908
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Back when I was in the Army 67-70 and the Nat. Guard till 80 it was a DD and 5 years at Ft Leavenworth Military Prison if you were caught committing sodomy. It should still be that way IMHO and women don't belong outside the medical core and clerical jobs. We need to go back to the way it was if you ask me. Thank you very much.
    Well Glenn when the women these days have bigger gonads then the supposedly men,your going to have woman in the Military doing other things other then menial subversive task, even in the 90's when they first started allowing women on ships, some of the best workers I had were women, I had sheet metal workers and welders/pipe fitters that could work circles around their male peers, did they have their limitations with some of the stuff of course but so did some of the men assigned the same task.

    But none of this has any relevance to the current discussion !
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

  9. #87
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,217
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by retired btc View Post
    Well its been 25 yrs since I retired but since I deal with some of the newer Veterans they kept me inform on the state of the current Military, It's definitely not the Military I served in nor is it something I would enjoy now, as You mentioned its become PC most likely because of the kinder gentler mentality and the entitlement attitude.

    We ( being the Military ) Have been training Foreign National's in various trades for years, We had a company of Saudi's training in Boot Camp in the 70's, In The 80's I was part of a detachment teaching Turks how to operate one of the ships we were selling them, in the 90's When I taught Main Propulsion to students we had a class of Chinese students and I am sure there are many other instances.

    No there is no Justification for the shooting but there is also no Justification for an Instructor to berate or insult and ridicule his/her students esp if they are is unfamiliar with the students culture.
    Perhaps in today's world (which I completely disagree with). But the Military of the past used to take boys and make men. The "abuse" was part of that process. An important part. The student's culture is incidental, IMO. Now, we debate on whether the Gov't should pay for sex change operations.

  10. #88
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,217
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by retired btc View Post
    Well Glenn when the women these days have bigger gonads then the supposedly men,your going to have woman in the Military doing other things other then menial subversive task, even in the 90's when they first started allowing women on ships, some of the best workers I had were women, I had sheet metal workers and welders/pipe fitters that could work circles around their male peers, did they have their limitations with some of the stuff of course but so did some of the men assigned the same task.

    But none of this has any relevance to the current discussion !
    I don't disagree. It's a result of cultural & familial decline and a blurring of the lines in the differences and roles of men and women. It can't end well.

  11. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,336
    Post Likes
    What about the “other” shooting in Pearl Harbor. Was that guy a muzzy?

  12. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    20,991
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    What about the “other” shooting in Pearl Harbor. Was that guy a muzzy?
    Just a dem... lol

  13. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,127
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by retired btc View Post
    Well its been 25 yrs since I retired but since I deal with some of the newer Veterans they kept me inform on the state of the current Military, It's definitely not the Military I served in nor is it something I would enjoy now, as You mentioned its become PC most likely because of the kinder gentler mentality and the entitlement attitude.

    We ( being the Military ) Have been training Foreign National's in various trades for years, We had a company of Saudi's training in Boot Camp in the 70's, In The 80's I was part of a detachment teaching Turks how to operate one of the ships we were selling them, in the 90's When I taught Main Propulsion to students we had a class of Chinese students and I am sure there are many other instances.

    No there is no Justification for the shooting but there is also no Justification for an Instructor to berate or insult and ridicule his/her students esp if they are is unfamiliar with the students culture.
    Sticks and stones...

    I have no military background but I do have family and friends who have background. That being said, I have 20+ years background in this trade. Guys in this trade who can't take a good ribbing, have 3 options. They quit and become fruitcakes, they move inside and become project managers/estimators/salesmen, they become strictly controls guys.

    If said Tio Bigote can't hack being a man, then he should have stayed home and washed the ****ing dishes.

    He had a religious beef against America. No more, no less.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •