Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Demo day at the cousins house

They bought a major fixer upper. Like demo all the walls fixer. Cape cod. No duct upstairs. Original was a gravity as all the supply are on interior walls.

Truck will get replaced, supply and returns changed. supplys added to first floor where needed. ductwork to second floor.

spent a few hour today to rip the old unit out and just set the new. Been a fun one so far designing the duct work from scratch pretty much.

Going to upload from phone there sideways as im trying on my laptop

Name:  IMG_3580.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  130.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3581.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  103.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3582.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  124.7 KB

Name:  IMG_3583.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  144.8 KB

If only my gloves were not so far away
    Name:  IMG_3585.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  109.2 KB

Post Likes
    Before you cap off your plenum and cut your flex collars in, you might want to remove all those metal strips. They will probably interfere with your airflow and cause really high static. And, just so you know, even though the flue pipe will be plastic I don't think "Deer Park" is UL listed as an approved exhaust material.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Achso017 View Post
    Before you cap off your plenum and cut your flex collars in, you might want to remove all those metal strips. They will probably interfere with your airflow and cause really high static. And, just so you know, even though the flue pipe will be plastic I don't think "Deer Park" is UL listed as an approved exhaust material.
    I know you got jokes when you say flex.

I mean just cut a whole bunch of 6" round T.O and good to go right..... Not sure why nothing is coming out of the vents upstairs.

Post Likes
    And its always a Goodman......sorry, habit. Wrong section
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    I know you got jokes when you say flex.

I mean just cut a whole bunch of 6" round T.O and good to go right..... Not sure why nothing is coming out of the vents upstairs.
    Lol. Its looking good so far. I actually like your water bottle trick for keeping stuff from falling in the inducer. Of course I have never, ever, not even once dropped anything in there and been forced to remove the whole assembly to retrieve it.

Keep us posted. I like seeing good installs of Goodman to contrast the typical ones we all see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    And it’s always a Goodman......sorry, habit. Wrong section
    honestly its a dealer relationship thing. They used to sell JCI equipment which I used to put in, then they got bought and started selling goodman. I said I didnt want to buy it so started going to a place that sold bryant/carrier. The relationship just wasnt the same as it was with this place. so, i sucked it up and started buying goodman.

there is a place i get all my commercial parts from, they sell another JCI line, i could buy from them but again, they can be tough to deal with.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Achso017 View Post
    Lol. It’s looking good so far. I actually like your water bottle trick for keeping stuff from falling in the inducer. Of course I have never, ever, not even once dropped anything in there and been forced to remove the whole assembly to retrieve it.

Keep us posted. I like seeing good installs of Goodman to contrast the typical ones we all see.

you mean like a sheet metal screw or two????

I honestly dont like the way they desinged the coil to sit on the furnace. gotta trim and move the flanges. like come on guys really. although carriers trying to bend the flanges up took 2 guys, a few pairs of channels locks and some duct bills. guess we cant have it all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    you mean like a sheet metal screw or two????

I honestly dont like the way they desinged the coil to sit on the furnace. gotta trim and move the flanges. like come on guys really. although carriers trying to bend the flanges up took 2 guys, a few pairs of channels locks and some duct bills. guess we cant have it all.
    You could always just treat the flanges as heat shielding for the drain pan. Sure, you might lose some critical cfms, but at least your pan wont melt.

Hypothetically, I can see screws being a pain in the backside. I could also see wire nuts as a possible issue if they were to have fallen into the void.

Post Likes
    What was the old heap? Looks like Rheem colors.

Nice job on the plenum.

Post Likes
    Do not know if you put your ring on after you took that photo of your cuts, but me...old school habit of removing rings, jewelry prior to working that type of job.

At least your giving that Goodman a good start at life, looks nice so far. I’m sure it will be a high quality install once your completed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    What was the old heap? Looks like Rheem colors.

Nice job on the plenum.
    Air temp by Chrysler

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    Do not know if you put your ring on after you took that photo of your cuts, but me...old school habit of removing rings, jewelry prior to working that type of job.

At least your giving that Goodman a good start at life, looks nice so far. Im sure it will be a high quality install once your completed.
    I know I need to take it off by find I rarely do. I actually didnt know I cut myself so much until my fingers started sticking together and I didnt know why. Looked down and they were covered in blood. Crazy how a little cut can bleed so much.

I actually had gloves on for 95% on the time it was that one last quick cut.

Now that I got everything set I got the rest of my material list and hope to get a few hours in on Monday. Well see. They are not gonna rush me considering the price

Post Likes
    Gorgeous plenum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast