Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: work boots

Post Likes
    https://www.thorogoodusa.com/product-category/usa/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    So far I'm impressed with the boots. They are light weight and comfortable. I've been wearing them in temps ranging from 25 to 50 degrees. I got them on sale for $150. And best of all they don't stink.
    Local 449?

Post Likes
    They call it norwegian welt construction and are my favorite type of boot construction. They are the only type that can be resoled. I have two pair of keen work boots that have Norwegian welt construction. Keen footwear I find to be very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    More a difference in how they are assembled. The classic american/euro styles have sewn on soles. I think they call it a goodyear welt.

The modern styles and foreign ones are made more like gym shoes with glued on soles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I’ve really liked my Keen Detroit mid high boots with soft toe, comfortable right out of the box.

Post Likes
    I like salomon boots, they are nice for a long work day, but here is a problem with wetness, when you go somewhere inside, even for a half of a hour, but I just dry them every evening.

Post Likes
    I also tend to only get about 6-8 months out of a pair of boots. I have really wide feet I guess and wasn’t able to make the thorogoods work in their widest size feet would kill me by the end of the day.

Now I just run the Timberlands. Pretty cheap and last as long as my danners and redwings.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolsofthetrade View Post
    I also tend to only get about 6-8 months out of a pair of boots. I have really wide feet I guess and wasn’t able to make the thorogoods work in their widest size feet would kill me by the end of the day.

Now I just run the Timberlands. Pretty cheap and last as long as my danners and redwings.
    Did your feet hurt after 6 months. I had that issue with every boot I tried. I switched to Keen about 10 years ago and have tried 6 or 7 different styles. All have been great so far. I get a solid year our of all of them.
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    I had something similar from them. They were good for about 6 months. But, thats what I get from pretty much any boot I buy. I figured I try them out, cause I like most of Duluths other gear. But, I did not like them enough to buy again.

I typically wear Red Wings, or Thorogoods.

I just prefer a classic boot style.

I'm thinking of giving the Thorogoods a try. I've heard good things about them.
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Did your feet hurt after 6 months. I had that issue with every boot I tried. I switched to Keen about 10 years ago and have tried 6 or 7 different styles. All have been great so far. I get a solid year our of all of them.
    with the thorogoods my feet were killing me about 4 hours into the day, they were just too tight on top of my foot and would cause my feet to go numb. lots of guys love them, just don't fit me well at all. quite a few of our guys run the keens as well and seem to be really happy with them

Post Likes
    I had something similar from them. They were good for about 6 months. But, thats what I get from pretty much any boot I buy. I figured I try them out, cause I like most of Duluths other gear. But, I did not like them enough to buy again.

I typically wear Red Wings, or Thorogoods.

I just prefer a classic boot style.

thats odd i can get nearly 3 years out of wolverine Durashocks, typically get new every two years for comfort regardless and wolverine DS have been the best ive found..... even after that they are alive and i use them for my around the home projects..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    thats odd i can get nearly 3 years out of wolverine Durashocks, typically get new every two years for comfort regardless and wolverine DS have been the best ive found..... even after that they are alive and i use them for my around the home projects..
    Its mostly how I walk I guess. The heels wear down on one side far more then the other. It gets to a point where the unevenness will cause back pain. The second that happens, I get new boots. The boots still have plenty of life left, but not for all day everyday use.

Im typically on my feet 12 to 16 hours a day. I dont change to different shoes when Im not at work, and I also wear them on weekends.

Post Likes
    Its mostly how I walk I guess. The heels wear down on one side far more then the other. It gets to a point where the unevenness will cause back pain. The second that happens, I get new boots. The boots still have plenty of life left, but not for all day everyday use.

Im typically on my feet 12 to 16 hours a day. I dont change to different shoes when Im not at work, and I also wear them on weekends.

ahh yes this does happen.. thats why i go 2 years max even if they are still in great shape, have to keep the old back, feet and body correct...

Post Likes
    Surprised I'm the only one with justin work boots.

Made in usa, and smooth sole so can wipe off easy.

My very first boss in this trade Would send guys home or to the store , or anywhere , but dont come back with waffle stompers on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast