Post Likes

Johnson Controls Nexsys Control System

I have a job site that I ran across the other day that has a whole bunch of Johnson Controls NexSys controllers. The part number on one of the controllers was NXP-FSC-01. I noticed that all of these controllers communicate over LON. This customer would like to start with a integration first, and begin to phase in new controls in the near future. Has anyone ever successfully integrated these controllers into a JACE? Anything particular that I should watch out for? Thanks for the assistance!
    J. King

Post Likes
    I did johnson LON around 2014. They were relabeled Distech. Everything about it was pure Distech except the sticker... which was annoying because all I knew was Johnson before that...
    Here is a manual.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...uiqYfrFA-xZJjn

These look to predate that time frame by a little bit.
    I have done LON into a JACE but not these. Hopefully the manual helps, and if you are a Distech guy, maybe ask the tech support if they have any info, as these may also be their older controller.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    The JCI Nexsys controllers are the old ESUSA product line which JCI acquired and killed off in 2000. This was before JCI started relabeling Distech LON controllers. I've never tried to bring them into a JACE but if any changes are needed JCI used to distribute a modified version of Lonmaker called MCL Tool. I'm not sure if it is even available any longer.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by controlgeek View Post
    if any changes are needed JCI used to distribute a modified version of Lonmaker called MCL Tool. I'm not sure if it is even available any longer.
    I came accross a few NCMs that supported LON a while ago and it surprised me. I guess these are the controllers that would have been used... If one was looking for that MCL Tool it looks from the dates that it would be on either an original PMI installation disk or on a BPP for Metasys 2 or 3 likely. Does that sound right controlgeek? Any chance these would talk to a plain Lonmaker program? At least for the purposes of making and breaking Lon Lonks - not necessarily for internal controller programming.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    MCL was a seperate order and came on its own CD. I would think Lonmaker could do linking and other basic stuff but the programming I doubt.