Thread: What is it

Post Likes

What is it

Hello can somebody tell me what type of unit this is please here's the Trane model number GEHE12041G34BORLDO11000400000000000

Post Likes
    After looking further there might be a 1PX0 on the end of that model number it was down below it was so long

Post Likes
    Looks like a water spice heat pump of some kind.
    What exactly do you want to know about it?
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    I bought two units but I have no idea what they are. I used to do air conditioning 15 years ago but it's all just residential. It's actually two pieces The Big Unit then a separate condensing unit about 2 ft by 6 ft by about 4 in. Big inch and a half copper water lines go between them.

Post Likes
    Post or link photos
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rvdude View Post
    Hello can somebody tell me what type of unit this is please here's the Trane model number GEHE12041G34BORLDO11000400000000000
    See attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    Looks like rider had a good idea on what it was.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Looks like rider had a good idea on what it was.
    How the hell did I come up with water spice?
    Stupid autocorrect.
    Seems like Trane owns the market on water source stuff around here. The model looked familiar.

Post Likes
    all right I'm all ears what the heck are these things. I've never seen anything like them

Post Likes
    Not to sound blunt but why did you buy them if you don’t know what they are?
    Do you have a cooling tower and water loop?
    Do you have 3 phase 480V service in your building?

Post Likes
    I bought them at a surplus auction for $50 each. I didn't want to cut them up and scrap them if they're actually worth some money in reply to your question

Post Likes
    They may be.
    But there’s not a very big market for used commercial equipment.
    Due to their ratings you have to have a very specific building for them to work.
    We have no idea what kind of shape or mechanical function these units have.

Post Likes
    Okay these units are brand new 2 and a half years old sitting on pallets in original unused condition never hooked up. The date code says four of 17. It actually comes with the boxes with the electrical actuators as well between the two units. There's main large unit and then in the other crate is the additional water cooling type evaporator.. it's about 6 ft long 18 inches tall and 4 inch thick .

Post Likes
    Post photos.
    Probably not much of a market. Commercial/industrial equipment with no warranty.

Post Likes
    Okay thanks for the input. I've got some people here local Trane looking into it. I find it hard to believe with the unit that probably wholesale cost 6 to $8,000 that someone can't use it with no warranty

Post Likes
    Okay thanks for the input. I've got some people here local Trane looking into it. I find it hard to believe with the unit that probably wholesale cost ? to $***** that someone can't use it with no warranty
    Because it could be 2 or 3X that amount to install it.

Post Likes
    You know all I wanted to know is what they were and what they were used for. You've not give me any information tonnage or anything. Thanks for all your replies but you basically didn't tell me a thing all you did was Yammer about warranties and other stuff. I'm out of this talk thing because I got no information. I thought this site might be helpful but it wasn't at all.

Post Likes
    You know all I wanted to know is what they were and what they were used for. You've not give me any information tonnage or anything.
    Wait a minute! Did you not read the pdf I provided back in post #6?
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    You know all I wanted to know is what they were and what they were used for. You've not give me any information tonnage or anything. Thanks for all your replies but you basically didn't tell me a thing all you did was Yammer about warranties and other stuff. I'm out of this talk thing because I got no information. I thought this site might be helpful but it wasn't at all.
    Rundawg posted extensive information about those units. Did you ignore the link he posted? 120=10 tons.
    Your getting mad at us because you purchased units that you didn’t even know what they were and now you don’t know what to do with them. And your ignoring information to answer your question.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in