Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Call back for broken fan blades and motor brackets

So, I get a call back for broken fan blades and motor brackets. Tech before me went out 3 times and put little #10 screws in to hold the brackets to the frame of this WIF evaporator. couple of those screws broke as did one of the brackets, and both fan blades were cracked. About 1400$ into it 4 months ago. I went ahead and mounted it the way it should have been, changed all the brackets, fan blades and hung the brackets with self tapping screws as it was before our other tech fixed it up with screws and washers. All is running good now, but I was told I was grossly negligent. Before y'all jump my chit, keep in mind, we are charging the customer for this fix for what our other tech had done 3x before months ago, so basically charging them again another 800$ after they spent 1400$ to repair this less than half a year ago. So, my mindset was to soften the blow by spending as little money of theirs as I could. Name:  Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 11.49.56 PM.png
Views: 210
Size:  345.2 KB

Post Likes
    Might want to get 3/4" wall armor flex on that suction line!

Post Likes
    I have it with me. Just pulled up to the site.

Post Likes
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 12.16.27 AM.png
Views: 151
Size:  666.0 KBName:  Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 12.15.44 AM.png
Views: 149
Size:  766.9 KB

Post Likes
    Found: Defrost termination switch and fan delay good. Timer bad. Had 208vac on X->1, would not terminate defrost. Everything else on system checked out awesome. Ugly armaflex replacement, but doesn't look so bad at this distance. I tried to cram a Paragon timer in a Precision box. It looked like it would fit,,,but just a pinch too tight. I also cleaned up the mess from the prior 'techs' that tore the thing up and hooked up the compressor crank case heater. And i decided that since the condenser had a cover, I'd put that back on and put the screws back in the covers that had been ripped off. Checked thermostat for calibration, SH @ 6f, So All should be happy despite my negligence.

Post Likes
    What work was done for 1400 bananas a few months ago?

Your Co charged for 3 service calls and then you came along?

Post Likes
    you may as well kiss that account good bye

I would never charge a dime for call back , only for the clock itself

With the amount they spent , you could have installed a whole new coil assembly and had a happy customer bragging to all his friends handing out your phone number

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    What work was done for 1400 bananas a few months ago?

Your Co charged for 3 service calls and then you came along?
    I just came back to this company after a year of leave 4 months ago. There were 3 service calls on this unit for the same problem in my absence. one bill was $3xx, another for $5xx, and another for $8xx. So somewhere more in the 16-1700 range. Reading the notes i just saw 'blah blah changed motor and brackets and fan blade,,blah blah washers, screws, blah blah' and something about the motor being drilled and tapped. It was the same 'tech' for those three calls. The customer wasn't very fond of him. When I saw what had been done, I called our GM and let him know that it should be warranteed. I was told that since it was more than 30 days it wouldn't be warranteed. Though Id really love to make some posts about more of these practices(like our PM crew putting a disconnect back in upside down the day before thanks giving and on Friday when they opened up their freezer was warm, losing $3k worth of product, and I was told to find something else wrong because they didn't want to have another free service call), I also realize that my name is on this post and I'd be kicking myself in the rear by talking too much. I have asked the staff here if i can change my Screen Name, but have yet to receive a reply. My time with this company is going to end soon, but Being I only have 3 years experience, I need to find a place before I pull that trigger. I have learned a lot at this place, and they have been good to me, but this recent change on how customers are treated has made me lose interest in staying with them. It goes against my values, and anybody that knows me knows I just cant deal with it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    you may as well kiss that account good bye

I would never charge a dime for call back , only for the clock itself

With the amount they spent , you could have installed a whole new coil assembly and had a happy customer bragging to all his friends handing out your phone number
    The customer isn't going anywhere. They thanked me for the work and the help(i encouraged them to push for exactly what you said), and have been using this company for years.

Post Likes
    Find a local near you and get in the apprenticeship program.
    http://www.ua.org/apprenticeship

Post Likes
    To change your username, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Contact Us.

That will allow you to send a message directly to the site administrator (Dad) who does all those types of things.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    To change your username, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Contact Us.

That will allow you to send a message directly to the site administrator (Dad) who does all those types of things.
    I did.

Post Likes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast