+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Awesome trip to the supply house

Post Likes

Awesome trip to the supply house

So it started as a FML end of day grab equipment for tomorrow as we're soaked from working outside. We pull up to see this mammy made Avalanche built up to do I don't know what. Old boy has a winch on the cargo rack so he could fold up the wall furnace.
    Thought it would end there... in the supply house I see a previously installed gas pack. I asked who the F installed it. Turned out a company we're supposed to be helping on a few jobs. Anyways, it's a 3.5 ton that was installed on a 750 sq.ft. house. Supply house gave them the wrong unit and no one caught it. Supplier just finished inventory and realised they were short a 3.5 and over a 2 ton. Some digging, they find it and call the company.
    Warehouse guys laughed and said its josA and josB that installed it. I believe it was running for a month or two. Anyone need a cheap rtu?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    If i needed one and the screw up company gave me a full warranty or the maker did i would use it if not No Dice

Post Likes
    The flashing...it was too high. Nothing like letting a bit of water in while you’re blocking some air.

At least I hope that was flashing and not ductwork.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Achso017 View Post
    The flashing...it was too high. Nothing like letting a bit of water in while you’re blocking some air.

At least I hope that was flashing and not ductwork.
    No. No. That was ductwork. And it's not like they blanked off the coil side. I guess there version of an economizer..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post
    No. No. That was ductwork. And it's not like they blanked off the coil side. I guess there version of an economizer..

I just figured it out. They knew it was oversized and left the duct open to increase load and decrease capacity. It also doubles as fresh air. They were actually geniuses and we should show them proper respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in