Post Likes

Master Flow Register Box Missing

I have a floor vent that was producing very little heat. When I removed the vent I noticed there was no register box attached to the duct pipe (I assume it's 7'' diameter). The vent hole is only 4" wide so there is no way I can place one in. I've thought about buying some flexible pipe to push through the vent opening and try attaching it to the pipe then stretch it out so that it goes 90 degrees upward to the vent opening and attach it to some makeshift vent but that hasn't been working to well for me. Does anyone have any suggestions other than cutting my floor open to get to it? I'm at a lost and not sure what to do?

Post Likes
    They make a transition or Boot from 7" round to the floor register!

You really should call a contractor to inspect the rest of the connections

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    They make a transition or Boot from 7" round to the floor register!

You really should call a contractor to inspect the rest of the connections

Will the boot fit through the small 4" wide opening?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsticks View Post
    Will the boot fit through the small 4" wide opening?
    You need a duct guy on site too see what you have. If ones screwed up what about the others?

Post Likes
    https://m.ferguson.com/product/gray-...0r/_/R-1796496

Are you missing the boot?

I assume you have a crawlspace or basement. I second on letting a contractor inspect your ductwork.

Post Likes
    I have a basement that is finished off with a ceiling so I cannot access the duct work. I took the vent off from the floor and there was only a 7" tube coming into the well. I need to connect something to that pipe so I can run it up to the floor. It's about 12" deep. I wish I could post a photo to show you but I thought I read where you can't do that on this forum.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsticks View Post
    I have a basement that is finished off with a ceiling so I cannot access the duct work. I took the vent off from the floor and there was only a 7" tube coming into the well. I need to connect something to that pipe so I can run it up to the floor. It's about 12" deep. I wish I could post a photo to show you but I thought I read where you can't do that on this forum.
    The best way to do this... Will to open the ceiling... The boot needs to be taped on to the 7" pipe so it doesn't leak air and deliver the full airflow. Honestly a handyman shouldn't be able to do this if cost is a issue. Or hire two separate contractors.. one to close the wall up and one ac contractor. I'm sure the AC contractor can open up the wall...

Post Likes
    Call a contractor. There are ways to install a sealed boot to existing duct whether flex or metal. Takes a little ingenuity.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoRUN View Post
    The best way to do this... Will to open the ceiling... The boot needs to be taped on to the 7" pipe so it doesn't leak air and deliver the full airflow. Honestly a handyman shouldn't be able to do this if cost is a issue. Or hire two separate contractors.. one to close the wall up and one ac contractor. I'm sure the AC contractor can open up the wall...
    Sorry I meant to say a handyman should* be able to do it. That's if he has ductwork experience.

Post Likes
    Measure the diameter of the duct first. You may be able to get a boot of the the same width as the diameter as the duct. If the size matches, enlarge the hole in the floor and connect the boot to the duct.
    Otherwise you’ll need to have a contractor do it.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    Moved to AOP.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?