Post Likes

Which ECM Replacement Motor Do You Prefer? Evergreen or The Rescue Motor?

Hello, I’m doing some research on which replacement ECM motor I should have as truck stock The Rescue Motor or the Evergreen motor?

Thanks

Post Likes
    Depends on your situation and your client base. By situation I mean easy access to OEM motors. I keep 2 different rescue motors for emergencies. On a night or weekend, or I can't get an OEM motor rather quickly.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    Depends on your situation and your client base. By situation I mean easy access to OEM motors. I keep 2 different rescue motors for emergencies. On a night or weekend, or I can't get an OEM motor rather quickly.
    So you really don’t have a preference meaning you use the Rescue Motor only? Or have you ever install a Evergreen ECM motor?

Post Likes
    I just don't see the Evergreen locally. My main goal is to never use the rescue motor, to be frank, unless it's rescuing me! Always try to get the OEM, which is pretty easy for my customer base. Between Johnstone and United Refrigeration, I'm usually good.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    I just don't see the Evergreen locally. My main goal is to never use the rescue motor, to be frank, unless it's rescuing me! Always try to get the OEM, which is pretty easy for my customer base. Between Johnstone and United Refrigeration, I'm usually good.
    Lol I do the same thing put I was preparing myself just Incase I need one right now. I’ve been checking out the Rescue Motors and I think I might get the Rescue Motor for truck stock but I will compare pricing between the Rescue and the Evergreen.

Post Likes
    i keep the evergreen usually oem is an hour away
    birdman

Post Likes
    I don't get it - how can Johnstone or United provide an OEM Rheem or OEM carrier or OEM Trane motor?

Isn't a rescue ECM as good or better than an OEM and at slightly less cost?

signed,
    Grasshopper

Post Likes
    Now I am confused. Did not know there was such a thing as a rescue ECM. Unless I know it under another name.

Would this rescue ECM still be ECM? And as far as I know, Evergreen is only a replacement for X-13, is that correct or am I mis-informed?
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Post Likes
    mars makes the assure replacement motor. packard also makes one.
    birdman

Post Likes
    You're right, I mispoke. Correct replacement motor, not always OEM

Post Likes
    I have had good luck with the Evergreen's. You can also get a programmer for the Evergreen's if you would like to change any of the 4 speeds to different speeds.