Thread: Help Chemical smell/fumes

Post Likes

Help Chemical smell/fumes

I work at a gas station, we have a commercial ice maker/machine. There is an extreme chemical smell (kind of a cross between nail polish remover and natural gas) filling our back room that seems to be strongest near the ice machine. 1. Is it possible that the ice machine is leaking something like freon to produce the smell? 2. Will cutting the bread to the ice machine stop it from producing the smell? 3. If no to 2, what can be done temporarily until we can get a service person in here? Thank you
    Last edited by Angela Burnett; 12-01-2019 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Wanted to add to title

Post Likes
    Refrigerant is oderless.
    It may be more noticeable around the machine because the condenser fan is stirring up the air.
    Cutting bread? I’m not sure what you mean by that.
    I’d get your preferred service company in to confirm it is or is not the fault of the ice machine.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in