Post Likes

And the poor placement award goes to Heil.

I had to remove the blower assembly to check this safety. I didn't get as many pictures as I should have but this was the least serviceable furnace I have worked on lately. The fan control and ignition control and most of the wires were crammed in front of everything that I needed to get to to check safeties and such.

Sent from mars using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    You couldn't check the safeties at the wires from a more accessible spot?
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    I checked from the board but then I needed to narrow it down to one and that was the easiest one to get too because I only had to remove the blower.

Post Likes
    Goodman gets my vote , put in an downflow 80% the other day and blew the low voltage fuse ( rookie mistake I know).

It took half an hour to disassemble everything and pry the inner door loose due to factory siliconed it all the way around.

F____k goodman , never again

Post Likes
    Oh wow I've never seen that model Goodman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoichiometric View Post
    Goodman gets my vote , put in an downflow 80% the other day and blew the low voltage fuse ( rookie mistake I know).

It took half an hour to disassemble everything and pry the inner door loose due to factory siliconed it all the way around.

Post Likes
    I dont have the model number , but it was just the lowest end 80%. It had the ecm motor since there out of the psc models now.

I hope I never see one again, lol

Post Likes
    I probably never seen one because downflow is extremely uncommon here.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoichiometric View Post

Yeah, those are absolute bovine fecal droppings. I should be ashamed to say this, but I can count on one hand how many of those Ive checked the blower cap on PMs. Its bad enough having to adjust blower speed on startup.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    I had to remove the blower assembly to check this safety. I didn't get as many pictures as I should have but this was the least serviceable furnace I have worked on lately. The fan control and ignition control and most of the wires were crammed in front of everything that I needed to get to to check safeties and such.

Those things suck on a good day. Ive had one which will always be remembered: someone installed all manual resets in one of those. I dont know who or why but it was bad.

Post Likes
    That's funny.
    Worst thing is the safety reset and I never figured out which one it was. I am pretty sure it was over temp lockout when I got there but they had just replaced the filter so it was back to normal after I reset it. I haven't got a callback yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achso017 View Post
    Those things suck on a good day. Ive had one which will always be remembered: someone installed all manual resets in one of those. I dont know who or why but it was bad.