+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fireplace igniter Replacement?

Post Likes

Fireplace igniter Replacement?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and honest, new to fireplaces haha. I have two questions:

So I'm hoping someone could help me. After months of trying to relight our propane fireplace, I discovered it may be our igniter. I was able to take my fireplace apart and manually light it with no problem at all. Once it lights, the fireplace is controlled by a switch and I have no problems. When the fireplace was apart, I didn't see any spark when I pressed the igniter. The igniter clicks with no issues.

So my question is, would this be difficult to replace? Does anyone have any first steps they can recommend? (I've attached a photo to help see what I'm working with.)

Secondly, last year I left the pilot on all winter and spring (I forgot it was still on in the sping) Anyway, it burned through my 90-gallon propane tank in the yard. Do you think I should be shutting off the pilot every time? or just when were ready to turn if off post season?

Thanks so much, everyone.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 9.15.22 PM.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  107.8 KB

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mattllan1021 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and honest, new to fireplaces haha. I have two questions:

So I'm hoping someone could help me. After months of trying to relight our propane fireplace, I discovered it may be our igniter. I was able to take my fireplace apart and manually light it with no problem at all. Once it lights, the fireplace is controlled by a switch and I have no problems. When the fireplace was apart, I didn't see any spark when I pressed the igniter. The igniter clicks with no issues.

So my question is, would this be difficult to replace? Does anyone have any first steps they can recommend? (I've attached a photo to help see what I'm working with.)

Secondly, last year I left the pilot on all winter and spring (I forgot it was still on in the sping) Anyway, it burned through my 90-gallon propane tank in the yard. Do you think I should be shutting off the pilot every time? or just when were ready to turn if off post season?

Thanks so much, everyone.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 9.15.22 PM.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  107.8 KB
    If no spark, but there is a snap/click when you push in the igniter button then it's probably between the 2.
    We can't give DIY advice.
    If this doesn't help, time to call a pro.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    The igniter is part of that Honeywell valve, which is no longer made. Check the instruction manual for your fireplace to see if they give info. on troubleshooting the igniter. If you are not getting a good hot spark from each click and attempt to light a direct vent fireplace with the glass in place, you run the risk of a delayed ignition, especially with propane. Have a pro check it. There may be something simple like a loose wire but there are a number of things that should be checked or ruled out.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in