Post Likes

Safe-T-Switch SS500EP failure

I have had multiple of these devices need to be replaced because they trip when nothing is contacting the two leads and then never resets itself like it is supposed to. I don't know if they just have a high failure rate or if there is something else that is causing it. I routed the sensor wire away from the blower wiring but it didn't seem to make a difference. Anyone else seen this issue?

Post Likes
    Years ago we had a few of the safe-T-switches fail. Switched to the EZ trap from Rectorseal and haven’t had any issues. All the other benefits of the EZ trap make it a no brainer. The little Tupperware type lids for cleaning access, the trap itself is transparent, and the way the cross section is designed allows me to use the street 90 looking cup on the secondary outlet, or in main cross Tee. It’s a float switch type that I haven’t had any failures on compared to the wet switch type. Or the separate floaters that have to be perfectly level to work. I stopped using the safe T switch type around 2008 to 2010, I’ve probably replaced another 20 or so since that I didn’t install. And they’re both Rectorseal brands.
    There are two ways to do things, Right and Again.

Post Likes
    I like ss1's and ss2's because the electronic ones caused us problems with smart thermostats. They seemed to cause too much voltage drop. We haven't had any problems with the old style float ones.

Sent from mars using Tapatalk