Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non ozone UV?

Post Likes

Non ozone UV?

Have a client that had one installed by someone for evap coil treatment and had it removed because he said it was putting out ozone. Does anyone know of a single lamp 24V UV that does not put out any ozone? Preferably Honeywell or a name brand. Too many fly by night UV companies.

The TrueUV!00RM is perfect and even states no ozone but it appears it may be discontinued. I was there today after he had all of three feet of spotless return cleaned by some duct cleaning place. Next thing you know by the time they leave he's thinking his house is crawling with MOLD!

Post Likes
    Germaphobes drive me crazy sometimes. I always tell them that duct cleaning has not been shown to have any health benefits and if a company claims it does then turn them in. The only reason for duct cleaning is odor but at that point it may be too late. Also the dirt sticks really good so it doesn't make your house dusty but some people just can't handle leaving a surface un cleaned.

I had a client who insisted on having his ducts cleaned which we won't do so he hired another company and who disconnected some wires while they were in there and told him that he needed a new transformer so he called me and and I rewired and went on my way grinning.

Sent from mars using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Sorry I am no help on the uv. But my understanding is that plain uv doesn't make ozone only the "ionizers" do.

Post Likes
    Honeywell has the UV2400U1000 that is just a 24v single lap UV light.

5. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Honeywell has several plain uv lights. I think you just need to pick a size

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    Honeywell has several plain uv lights. I think you just need to pick a size

I know what they have. I am not finding out if they do or do not put out ozone.

Post Likes
    Here is what I found.

UV light will create ozone from atmospheric oxygen at short wavelengths of less than 240 nanometers (nm). UV light will also destroy ozone and break ozone back down into atomic oxygen (O) and diatomic oxygen (O2) at wavelengths from about 200 nm to 315 nm.

None of the honeywell bulbs I looked up emitted less than 300nm wavelengths.

Post Likes
    Coleman's uv lights also state " ozone free"

Good info r600 , I didnt know any uv could produce ozone

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    Here is what I found.

UV light will create ozone from atmospheric oxygen at short wavelengths of less than 240 nanometers (nm). UV light will also destroy ozone and break ozone back down into atomic oxygen (O) and diatomic oxygen (O2) at wavelengths from about 200 nm to 315 nm.

None of the honeywell bulbs I looked up emitted less than 300nm wavelengths.

Thanks. The one by Honeywell in the OP says no ozone but seems to be discontinued. The customer says it has to be less than 160nm or greater than 240nm. He showed me some he found on Amazon that meet his zero ozone. I think I'll just tell him to get what he wants and I'll install it when I go back to install his media filter. If it's wrong he's the one that bought it.

Post Likes
    Good idea.

Post Likes
    Airscrubber by Aerus non ozone. Those work great.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TCS1 View Post
    Airscrubber by Aerus non ozone. Those work great.
    Looks like the same principal as the RGF Halos. Airscrubber has nothing I can find online aside from a small blurb from them and pages of heating contractors that must be aligned with them. Thanks for the info.

Post Likes
    You might try Field Controls new UV lights. Not sure why or how someone new their UV light was putting out ozone? Unless you are super sensitive to ozone, or peanuts or gluten you should avoid it. Probably have to avoid the seashore and the mountains because that is where the highest levels of outdoor ozone exist.

The fact that I see the Reme Halo UV/Ozone lights in more wholesalers displays than ever before must mean someone has realized ozone is good for you. Unless of course you are sensitive. But it is the greatest thing for everyone else,
    captain CO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast