Thread: Trane defrost

Post Likes

Trane defrost

I have 2 new installs of xl15is. Both will not go into defrost nor will the board show LED’s. Reading the service facts looks like I need to check R-B and Y-B for 24v. Y-B of course have 24v because the system will run. R-B gives me no voltage, hmmm. Must I have a bad common from my low voltage wire? Couldn’t be or the darn thing wouldn’t run. I know I know, trace the wires. Just seeing if I am missing something. It is 23 degrees out here with a foot of snow on the ground and dumping. I want this to be quick .

Post Likes
    I would say it is more likely that you lost R somewhere. If you have Y-B it is possible that it is feeding through ground but then you would have lights on the board. Also R feed O through the board for defrost so if you don't have R there is nothing to shift the RV.

3. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    I would say it is more likely that you lost R somewhere. If you have Y-B it is possible that it is feeding through ground but then you would have lights on the board. Also R feed O through the board for defrost so if you don't have R there is nothing to shift the RV.
    Yep. Got her figured out. My apprentice didn’t land red nor white in the air handler. I missed it at quick glance during install. All good, I was just being lazy.