Post Likes

Default paltform crednetials not working on Webs 8000

I have inherited a Webs 800 JACE that was a mess. New building owner and no one knew passwords. I was going to start from scratch anyways so I wiped it and I still cannot get access via workbench or serial shell. Neither hoenywell/webs nor trdium/niagra works. I have done the restore twice to be sure and same thing. Any suggestions.? This is a 100 device unit so replacing it is not an option from a cost perspective.

Post Likes
    Not to state the obvious but if you spelled them the way you did in your post I would not expect them to work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by controlgeek View Post
    Not to state the obvious but if you spelled them the way you did in your post I would not expect them to work.
    Yeah, I spelled it correctly while entering them into the JACE.

Post Likes
    If you are using version 4.4 or later then in serial shell you should have an option 8 to reset the credentials.

Post Likes
    There is also the backup button reset....
    Place gun at temple
    Pull trigger
    Default creds always work after that
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    There is also the backup button reset....
    Place gun at temple
    Pull trigger
    Default creds always work after that
    I tried the reset button. No dice. Funny enough, I've had JACEs brand new from Distech that would not authenticate with their default. I kept guessing and it worked with honeywell/webs.

I also looked for the new reset function where you call in, but since this JACE has been wiped using a clean .dist file the option is not there.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JSLLC4Life View Post
    I tried the reset button. No dice. Funny enough, I've had JACEs brand new from Distech that would not authenticate with their default. I kept guessing and it worked with honeywell/webs.

I also looked for the new reset function where you call in, but since this JACE has been wiped using a clean .dist file the option is not there.
    Perhaps trying other manufacturers default creds?
    Not assume anything, but you should be serial shelled into the JACE on a backup button reset to confirm the action.... you very likely know that, but just covering the bases.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    Perhaps trying other manufacturers default creds?
    Not assume anything, but you should be serial shelled into the JACE on a backup button reset to confirm the action.... you very likely know that, but just covering the bases.
    Yeah, I’m connected via usb for serial shell and I watch it go through the whole thing after hitting the reset button. I’ve tried tac/niagara and distech/controls. Can I load a distribution file to a usb drive and and load from that maybe?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JSLLC4Life View Post
    Yeah, I’m connected via usb for serial shell and I watch it go through the whole thing after hitting the reset button. I’ve tried tac/niagara and distech/controls. Can I load a distribution file to a usb drive and and load from that maybe?
    Well I never tried that. I suppose so. There is also the process for recovering an unreachable JACE you can do as well. Filezilla, ftp connection, and so on.