Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Anyone ever see a Sporlan SEH do this?

SEH

Post Likes
    What is that?
    I figured out that is an EXV but I don't see what it is "doing".

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Is that ice? Break it off and check for a leak? Doesn’t look like it’s has ice anywhere else, but it’s hard to tell from the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Good eyes. I thought that was glare.

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    SEH

Are you sure it’s an SEH? Looks like a powerhead on the end of that valve... is that the bottom view where the stem would typically be? No need for a stem and spring assembly in an EEV. I would have expected it to be solid brass on the bottom where the cap is. Lastly, what is with the wonky cap? I typically see Sporlan use hexagonal caps, not that thumb screw thingie that’s on there. Is that the original cap?

Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Is that an iced equalizing line? If so; bad seals in the valve.

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    SEH

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Are you sure it’s an SEH? Looks like a powerhead on the end of that valve... is that the bottom view where the stem would typically be? No need for a stem and spring assembly in an EEV. I would have expected it to be solid brass on the bottom where the cap is. Lastly, what is with the wonky cap? I typically see Sporlan use hexagonal caps, not that thumb screw thingie that’s on there. Is that the original cap?

Post Likes
    The teflon seal pushed out causing it to hang up. Motor and driver burned up, less than one year old.

Post Likes
    Over tightened?

Sent from mars using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    make sure the end is set right. not sure on those larger tonnage valves, but on the smaller ones, that wonky lookin base is a smooth domed point that screws onto the stem that opens and closes it. I've had them either work loose, or set wrong from the factory, and come off the stem.

sporlan told me that you can't take them apart because that height/depth of the tip is set at the factory to allow the base to close perfectly against the seat. if that tip is too far down on the stem, the valve will close before it should. I think the guy was full of crap, but whatever. I've changed just the heads with no problems.

yours looks like the base and teflon was overheated. the teflon looks more deformed from heat than pressure, plus the base is fairly discolored. can't tell if that is copper plating between the threads and teflon, or discoloration from heat.

is this an air cooled chiller?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    make sure the end is set right. not sure on those larger tonnage valves, but on the smaller ones, that wonky lookin base is a smooth domed point that screws onto the stem that opens and closes it. I've had them either work loose, or set wrong from the factory, and come off the stem.

sporlan told me that you can't take them apart because that height/depth of the tip is set at the factory to allow the base to close perfectly against the seat. if that tip is too far down on the stem, the valve will close before it should. I think the guy was full of crap, but whatever. I've changed just the heads with no problems.

yours looks like the base and teflon was overheated. the teflon looks more deformed from heat than pressure, plus the base is fairly discolored. can't tell if that is copper plating between the threads and teflon, or discoloration from heat.

is this an air cooled chiller?
    40F chiller, valve is used for capacity control with hot gas, constant 40F.

Post Likes
    The valve is controlling hot gas? Or the chiller leaving water set point is 40*, and the EXV is the primary liquid metering device to the cooler?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    The valve is controlling hot gas? Or the chiller leaving water set point is 40*, and the EXV is the primary liquid metering device to the cooler?
    The SEH dumps hot gas between the TXV exit and flat plate HX. Carel sends signal to SEH driver to maintain 40F supply fluid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast