Post Likes

LP Boiler leaking like a fountain

My Buderus GB 142-30 has water pouring out of the condensate pipe like an open faucet. Two folks, without looking at it in depth think it is a damaged Heat Exchanger. One guys thinks it cold be something minor like a worn gasket. Given the amount of water, I'm inclined to think my 11 year old boiler has been abused by no less than 8 different technicians, including the guy who installed it.

What other options (brands should I consider in the Catskill Mountains ? No one up here wants to service Buderuses.

Thank you

Post Likes
    I care more about the contractor installing it then the name on the box or boiler.

Post Likes
    Might check with mfg for a recall. They were discontinued in Nov 2018.
    A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

Post Likes
    Not the time of year (at least not here) to be doing exploratory on a leaking boiler to find out why it's leaking internally and IF it's repairable. Use the money that would be spent fixing it and change it out with something that people will work on.

As for type and brand of boiler, that depends on the application and the dealer(s) you are confident with.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.