Post Likes

PCV1630 commissioning issues

Using PCT with a bluetooth tool to commission some JCI controllers, PCV 1630. I can connect, and get to 99% downloaded before I get an error message stating that the device has hardware defined that is not supported. I tried version 10.0, 10.2 and 10.3, but so far there's been no difference. Cutsheet says I should be using PCT rather than CCT, am I missing something else?

Anybody have some experience with these cards, or this particular error message?

caf cannot be opened because it has hardware defined that is not supported

Post Likes
    Going to need PCT instead of CCT.
    Unless you have CCT version 13.0, then you’d need to upgrade your license to be able to communicate with the PCT controllers and Metasys controllers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bolt950rider View Post
    Going to need PCT instead of CCT.
    Unless you have CCT version 13.0, then you’d need to upgrade your license to be able to communicate with the PCT controllers and Metasys controllers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am already using pct.

Post Likes
    You can’t even open the program? That’s gonna be a tough one to solve if you can’t open the program. Were they existing programs and controllers or new? If you can open it, you may want to try and change the Vp sensor in the program. I believe the 1630 has a digital sensor. If you try to put a 1620 program in a 1630 you will get an error like that IIRC

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JCIman View Post
    You can’t even open the program? That’s gonna be a tough one to solve if you can’t open the program. Were they existing programs and controllers or new? If you can open it, you may want to try and change the Vp sensor in the program. I believe the 1630 has a digital sensor. If you try to put a 1620 program in a 1630 you will get an error like that IIRC
    Yeah, I'm being told that JCI has had enough of people servicing their products without rendering unto ceasar, so all new PCV cards require the new 13.0 version of their software which is licensed by machine.

Post Likes
    I've had some similar issues and I wouldn't say I have an answer, but there is a workaround.

1. Upload the program using Transfer -> Upload to Computer
    2. Typically you have to enter the mac address you're after
    3. You should be able to commission from here using the current application

Let me know if this works for you.

The cases I've scene this is where some other contractor wrote the programs so I'm not sure what tool they used or how they did it.

Post Likes
    Also, I'm not going though a bluetooth device, but connected to a JACE as the router

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemikemike View Post
    Yeah, I'm being told that JCI has had enough of people servicing their products without rendering unto ceasar, so all new PCV cards require the new 13.0 version of their software which is licensed by machine.
    They are not licensed per machine. You may be referring to the field controller packages which are basically the firmware images for a particular model. You buy the field controller packages along with CCT/PCT. The packages are very cheap. Heck CCT/PCT is very cheap.
    What version of PCT do you have? What version is the controller in question programmed at? Was it new, or existing in operation?