Thread: Carrier ivu

Post Likes

Carrier ivu

I have been asked to update an old 4.0 ivu into a new ivu standard 7.0. It “seemed” basic, just backup, swap out, and get credentials. However I’m am getting stuck at the computer restore point. It goes through a portion of the restore but halts at a seemingly specific spot and then asks for the management password again. This is where it gets odd. I attempt to put in the password which I had just made moments prior and it does not take it. I attempted several times and eventually performed a factory restore on the 7.0 assuming I did something wrong with the password. I started over paying more attention at the restore point to see if it would happen again, Which it did. Now I’m restoring again and at a loss for a direction. My first concern is version compatibility. I have not put in a static ip for either the ivu nor the USB adapter. I was trying to restore the graphics and whatnot first. I’m not an IT guy. I just do ivu backups and work on the equipment it controls. In this case it is rtu’s on CCN comfortlink.

Post Likes
    The log shows this fault,

Error upgrading system: Unexpected Exception while setting MODEL_NUMBER for embedded CCN gateway

Post Likes
    i-Vu CCN v4.0 must be updated to v4.2 before it can be updated to v6.0 or higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

4. Likes JeffWil liked this post
    Post Likes
    if you have a 4.0 you most likely have a 9 series. You cant update a 9 series. That if its an appliance.
    Reading your post it may sound like you possibly have a computer. which version are you trying to upgrade
    Name:  ivu upgrade.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  42.0 KB

Post Likes

Post Likes