Post Likes

Split mini always defrost before heating and always sends freon to both units

Hello

I have a 2 unit split mini ac/heat. Mrcool olympus 27k.

Over the last week when put in heat mode it will always enter defrost 1st. Never did this before. Temp outside is sunny and 50.

Once unit is operating I noticed that if I only have 1 indoor unit on, that when I feel the collant lines I can feel it is sending heated collant to both indoor units. Almost like the valve is either open to both filling units when running. If I turn on the 2nd unit after the main has been running it instantly has heat, because hot coolant was sent to unit regardless of aetting. If I set to fan while the other indoor unit is heating it will turn it self off and close.

Prior to last week it was fine. I remeber a month ago I felt both lines as I was working in yard and only the unit that was turned on inside had hot coolant lines not both.

Seem a valve is stuck open.

Any help is appreciated. Vendor wants me to call a tech.
    Thanks jason

Post Likes
    Vendor?

Let me guess Dot Com?

Post Likes
    Mrcool . com tech wants to make sure freon and pressure is correct. Could low levels cause this issue? Seems almost like a stuck or faulty valve.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Minihoser View Post
    Mrcool . com tech wants to make sure freon and pressure is correct. Could low levels cause this issue? Seems almost like a stuck or faulty valve.
    Good luck!

Post Likes
    Coolant lines, split mini, freon, Mrcool?

I'm on your vendors side, I also think you should call a tech.

Either that, or get yourself another Mrcool and try it again. Good luck!
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

Post Likes
    Did you install it yourself? Or have someone install it for you?
    Unfortunately this is what can happen when you buy internet equipment. You’ll have to call a tech.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    You cant check charge with gauges on mini-splits. Charge must be recovered and weighed. I'm with you, sounds like the EXV isn't closing, to determine why that is tech support most be contacted and troubleshooting performed. Hopefully that brand has actual tech and parts support, many are knock-offs made in China with no after the sale support. Call a hvac contractor that's well versed in minisplits, this will be way beyond your average techs capabilities