Post Likes

Nat Gas 55 inch WC

A site we installed many years back and have maintained since became unsafe . We lost the bid for a large expansion of refrigeration and HVAC requirements. Our techs were doing PM work on existing equipment and 2 x nat gas furnaces were out on roll out switches , they were reset . Next day tech goes out and resets again , observes a fierce flame form the burners , checks gas pressure and finds 55 inch WC.,, WTH. The builder upgraded gas supply to 2psi .Just failed to install regulators before all equipment . The builders advised us they had to install the required regulators as it is there contract..
    We ordered and installed new gas valves the next day , as we felt the valve diaphragm might be compromised .

Post Likes
    I'm surprised that the gas valves opened under that much pressure. Furthermore I don't know how they closed afterward. Must have been some excellent valves.
    Yes, I've seen that before and it doesn't mean I like it.

Post Likes
    That beats mine. I found a furnace fed by a natural gas well with 13” WC last week. I started investigating after finding CO exceeding 2000 PPM.

In the situation of your tech, I would have looked a little further after finding a tripped rollout switch.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."