Post Likes

Integrating Jace and WebCTRL LGR

I’ve got a couple of Trane Intellipaks that talk Lon, which I need to integrate to a WebCTRL system. It was previously done with a BCU, but we ditched it in favor of a Jace with a lon expansion card. All I need to do is get the points I’ve pulled into the Jace from the Lon network and pass inputs and outputs back and forth between it and the WebCTRL front end.

Originally it was set up using Network Points on the WebCTRL side, which are assignable by bacnet address in multiple formats. You can use IP, device instance with network number, etc. What you can’t do is easily discover the points on a connected network and then drag and drop them into place or linkmark them like with Niagara. You have to type out the address manually, like: bacnet://1/bi:3

However, when I create points inside the bacnet network on the Jace, I don’t get an object ID, just a “numeric writable," with a null value in the proxy extension field.

I can go into WebCTRL and reprogram everything to use Bacnet Values rather than network points, and then discover those points on the Jace and read/write to them, but I get the feeling there is a better way I’m not aware of. What I need to do to create a bacnet point on the Jace that has an object ID so I can discover and map points to them from the WebCTRL side? I have routing enabled on the Jace’s bacnet network, but not “maintain routing enabled.”

Post Likes
    If you want to expose BACnet points on a Jace, you need to create them under BACnetNetwork\Local Device\export table.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Right, export table for exposing those points to ALC.

If you pay attention to your folder names and automatically creating the BACnet point names in the export table things can get really slick on the tridium side and then integration WebCTRL side gets easy too.

In webctrl you end up with URL's like this;
    bacnet://210101/PREC50control_remoteSpaceTemp
    here the unit name was PREC50 and the point in the folder was control_remoteSpaceTemp

bacnet://210101/VAV_74control_occCoolSetpnt
    Here the unit was VAV_74 and point was control_occCoolSetpnt.

As you can imagine your point names in eikon start out looking like bacnet://210101/VAV_XXcontrol_occCoolSetpnt and then in WebCTRL you use the find replace function and replace VAV_XX with VAV_74 etc once for each unit and the whole thing is done.

These little tricks save a TON of time and end up being more accurate with fewer mistakes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Right, export table for exposing those points to ALC.

If you pay attention to your folder names and automatically creating the BACnet point names in the export table things can get really slick on the tridium side and then integration WebCTRL side gets easy too.

In webctrl you end up with URL's like this;
    bacnet://210101/PREC50control_remoteSpaceTemp
    here the unit name was PREC50 and the point in the folder was control_remoteSpaceTemp

bacnet://210101/VAV_74control_occCoolSetpnt
    Here the unit was VAV_74 and point was control_occCoolSetpnt.

As you can imagine your point names in eikon start out looking like bacnet://210101/VAV_XXcontrol_occCoolSetpnt and then in WebCTRL you use the find replace function and replace VAV_XX with VAV_74 etc once for each unit and the whole thing is done.

These little tricks save a TON of time and end up being more accurate with fewer mistakes.
    The export table was the missing link. I only needed to do two units this time so I didn't mess with folders but that is a very good strategy.

Also found out you need to give admin rights to the bacnet user account on your Jace if you want write capability.

And yeah auto replace ftw!