Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bye bye oil

Post Likes

Bye bye oil

Attached Images Attached Images      
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

Post Likes
    Beautiful work as always.
    Did you push the furnace back or cut that wooden wall? The space looks wider where the old furnace sat.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    It’s a right of passage,.... the person(s) who installed that simplistic furnace and ductwork are probably long retired? I’m sure they had some story’s and jokes to tell among themselves while doing the install and start up.

Nice clean install on your part, I’m sure the OD section will be professional grade also.

Post Likes
    That's the way the wall was, I didn't make the hole bigger.

Post Likes
    Are we looking at the old and the new from opposite directions?
    In honor of RichardL: "Ain't 'None' of us as smart as 'All' of us".

Post Likes
    I turned it around since I didn't need the chimney.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclrchiller View Post
    Are we looking at the old and the new from opposite directions?
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    I turned it around since I didn't need the chimney.
    Thanks.
    The main reason I asked is that I was kinda disoriented looking at the pics. I couldn't even tell if it was the same location, lol.
    That is a very nice looking install.
    In honor of RichardL: "Ain't 'None' of us as smart as 'All' of us".

Post Likes
    If you felt like mailing the badge off the furnace cover, I would reimburse you postage costs!

Nice looking install!
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Post Likes
    If it's there when I go back tomorrow I'll take it off for you (I left the doors outside).

Quote Originally Posted by doc havoc View Post
    If you felt like mailing the badge off the furnace cover, I would reimburse you postage costs!

Nice looking install!

Post Likes
    Always love to see an oil furnace bite the dust! Especially when the replacement install is a work of art.

What model furnace? Our owner beat on the head of the sales manager at the Rheem supply house and we're getting R98s for a song. About what an American Standard 1 stage constant torque costs us. So far all have gone out with 1 of the Econet controls with it so it beautifully modulates!

Post Likes
    It's a U98V. When I pull oil furnaces out I try to get my customers to go with mods, less complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Always love to see an oil furnace bite the dust! Especially when the replacement install is a work of art.

What model furnace? Our owner beat on the head of the sales manager at the Rheem supply house and we're getting R98s for a song. About what an American Standard 1 stage constant torque costs us. So far all have gone out with 1 of the Econet controls with it so it beautifully modulates!

Post Likes
    It's a U98V. When I pull oil furnaces out I try to get my customers to go with mods, less complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    If they will pay for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast