Post Likes

anybody frying turkeys?

I have done several(40-50) but always looking for others experience as far as seasoning and oil

Post Likes
    Never done it but my brother-in-law does them every year for Thanksgiving. Best tasting turkey hands down.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    that's about the best way to cook a neck or shoulder roast, for sure . great recipe !
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!

Post Likes
    wrong thread!
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!

Post Likes
    peanut oil for sure . Always use King Kooker cajun seasoning and use the what I call the 35/35 method.
    3.5 mins per pound at 350 degrees. got to the point I rather eat a deer and/or pork ham.

Post Likes
    You brine your turkey first? I'd like to try to brine a chicken some time and smoke it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    no brine for the fryer. I inject tony c's and put tony c's more spice on the outside and fry it for 3.5 min/lb. I do the butter garlic or non spicy on the first birds, and save the spicy for last

Post Likes
    I did an 18lb bird in the Big Easy Oil-less fryer today, took just under 3 hrs, I thought it came out really good.

You know your a stud in the bedroom when the girl your raping comes before you and the cops

Post Likes
    24 lb turkey today. Cooked in 1hour, 17 minutes. It turned out absolutely amazing. Not a dry piece on the bird! Zero leftovers. I only used salt and pepper for seasoning.

The only problem was this turkey was the max that my fryer can possibly handle. It took a good 15 minutes to lower the bird into the oil. If you go too fast, it will boil over and make fire where you don’t want it.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisRefrig View Post
    24 lb turkey today. Cooked in 1hour, 17 minutes. It turned out absolutely amazing. Not a dry piece on the bird! Zero leftovers. I only used salt and pepper for seasoning.

The only problem was this turkey was the max that my fryer can possibly handle. It took a good 15 minutes to lower the bird into the oil. If you go too fast, it will boil over and make fire where you don’t want it.
    that's a big bird to fry! both mine this year were 13 lbers same results, only left over is the bones.