+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Obvious problems but stubborn customers

Post Likes

Obvious problems but stubborn customers

Had a Air handler i inspected for a new customer that tied into the main sewer line without any kind of trap whatsoever.
    Customer declined to address the issue but admitted to smelling something funky sometimes when the fan was running.
    Free country I guess but sometimes they expect a arm and a leg when they are just paying for a inspection.

Post Likes
    Charge for inspection, write it up, get them to sign. If it's something more serious, send them a follow up letter.
    If it's something dangerous/life-threatening, do what's legally acceptable for your area-red tag, disable, contact AHJ.
    What else can you do, right?
    I (We all) have customers like this, mostly landlords.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Helpful Calcs, tips, tricks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm...TUTAdKmqRiTDEg

Post Likes
    I thought all condensate drains had to have an air gap...

4. Likes pacnw liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Agree with STEVEusaPA, the trap is designed to keep sewer gas from entering the premise. It's not healthy as well as dangerous. To cover yourself, write the scenario up in the bill and get the customer to sign it for receiving the good and service.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Highheadpressur View Post
    I thought all condensate drains had to have an air gap...
    But not all get installed correctly!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in