Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: van setup

Post Likes

van setup

what all do yall stock in your van or truck

Post Likes
    Everything I need.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    In the back of my van I've got a mattress, a stripper pole and a disco ball.
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

Post Likes
    Everyone is different as it depends upon what one services and physical location.
    Doug

Post Likes
    trying to get some organizational ideas and see what other people do i do mostly residential and some light commercial

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cartershvac View Post
    trying to get some organizational ideas and see what other people do i do mostly residential and some light commercial
    Do you do install or service or are you new and do mainly maintenance? If you are new to the trade get in the habit of supplying more information if you expect to get much help.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    i do service and installs i know there’s some techs who stock lil bit of everything and others who keep the bare minimum just looking to my fellow brothers and sisters who have been in the trade longer then me for options and ideas like do y’all prefer a van,truck or kuv body me personally i like the kuv bodies

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cartershvac View Post
    i do service and installs i know there’s some techs who stock lil bit of everything and others who keep the bare minimum just looking to my fellow brothers and sisters who have been in the trade longer then me for options and ideas like do y’all prefer a van,truck or kuv body me personally i like the kuv bodies
    I would suggest to stock everything you can. It can only help you in general and help you to impress your employer by taking care of everything you can in a more timely manner. Since you also do install you would have to leave room for the larger items you install by either keeping that area clear or by having that area stocked with items you don't need on a regular basis in containers you can easily remove.
    It is hard to have a properly stocked truck when doing both imo. It is hard enough to do one or the other let alone both in one truck.
    Employers love people who keep a clean and orderly truck. Most start out that way but it is easily and quickly forgotten and hard to do. You might want to do a search and find other threads for helpful space saving tips you might like.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I would suggest to stock everything you can. It can only help you in general and help you to impress your employer by taking care of everything you can in a more timely manner. Since you also do install you would have to leave room for the larger items you install by either keeping that area clear or by having that area stocked with items you don't need on a regular basis in containers you can easily remove.
    It is hard to have a properly stocked truck when doing both imo. It is hard enough to do one or the other let alone both in one truck.
    Employers love people who keep a clean and orderly truck. Most start out that way but it is easily and quickly forgotten and hard to do. You might want to do a search and find other threads for helpful space saving tips you might like.

thanks for the advice i appreciate it greatly

Post Likes
    I'll assume you work for yourself? Even if you don't it also helps to track every part you use in a database, as well as every serviceable part on every piece of equipment in your customer base. Then you're not stocking parts you'll never use, but have plenty of what you may need. Makes inventory/re-stocking quite easy.

For me I like the van. I like getting out of the weather to find parts and organize my stuff. Plus less of a parking issue in tight spots and safety, not having to get to exterior boxes in bad weather, to tight, or standing in traffic.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    yes sir

Post Likes
    If you are on Facebook there is a group call “HVAC vehicle layouts”.

Post Likes
    thanks i appreciate it y’all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast