Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

I think they forgot to install heat strip.

It's getting a little chilly in central Florida outside temp was approx 55F indoor was 71, so time to try out the heat pump, seems to work well. , Set it 2 degrees at 74F and all was good. While I was setting the thermostat I also got a chance to try the emergency heat option, pressed it and nothing at all happened. No air from vents nothing. I'm guessing they didn't install a heat strip.?

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    New install? If so was a electric heat package part of the contract. Maybe it was sold without one if it’s a older system?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    New install? If so was a electric heat package part of the contract. Maybe it was sold without one if it’s a older system?
    New Lennox merit system installed June 2019. Going over the paper work , I don't see any mention of heat strip to be installed. Ill briefly mention it when I go there soon, to pursue about my 10 year Lennox labor warranty I paid for but no paperwork for that. Cheers.

Post Likes
    https://www.lennox.com/owners/regist...t-registration

While your at it make sure your system gets registered as manufacturers warranty decreases significantly if never registered. That is different than what your talking about ( labor warranty )

Did your old system have emergency electric?

Post Likes
    https://www.lennox.com/owners/regist...t-registration

While your at it make sure your system gets registered as manufacturers warranty decreases significantly if never registered. That is different than what your talking about ( labor warranty )

Did your old system have emergency electric?
    It's registered for just the complimentary 10 year parts did that within a month of install. I paid for 10 year Lennox warranty also but have nothing to show for it.
    Yes sir, old system had backup heat strips.

Post Likes
    What does the contract say about paying and getting a extended labor warranty. It should say that, just ask them for documentation that you have one.

Didn’t the contract mention replacing/installing a particular sized heater element. Did you mention about the heater elements in the initial conversation.

Post Likes
    Was AUXILARY HEAT TESTED ? ____ ... _ TURN T-STAT to ~ 80'F

Result ___?
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Post Likes
    What does the contract say about paying and getting a extended labor warranty. It should say that, just ask them for documentation that you have one.

Didn’t the contract mention replacing/installing a particular sized heater element. Did you mention about the heater elements in the initial conversation.
    The installer said they'd be putting a 5kw heating element in and that would be enough. However, looking at my sales invoice there is no mention of it. But there is a line item showing 10 year Lennox labor warranty. Only thing they sent me via snail mail was a print out of the 10 year parts warranty lol.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by limeybstd View Post
    The installer said they'd be putting a 5kw heating element in and that would be enough. However, looking at my sales invoice there is no mention of it. But there is a line item showing 10 year Lennox labor warranty. Only thing they sent me via snail mail was a print out of the 10 year parts warranty lol.

Call them back, you have a labor warranty. Maybe it just fell through the cracks. You may have the heater kit already installed but they never hooked it up electricity, either the high or low voltage side.

What did they say about your extended labor warranty, certainly you must have called them.

Sales invoice is different from a contract/proposal IMO. Contract is what you sign and given a copy at agreement of what they plan on doing. It should list heater size, tonnage size, what the scope of work will consist of etc.

10. Likes limeybstd liked this post
    Post Likes
    Call them back, you have a labor warranty. Maybe it just fell through the cracks. You may have the heater kit already installed but they never hooked it up electricity, either the high or low voltage side.

What did they say about your extended labor warranty, certainly you must have called them.

Sales invoice is different from a contract/proposal IMO. Contract is what you sign and given a copy at agreement of what they plan on doing. It should list heater size, tonnage size, what the scope of work will consist of etc.
    Will do thanks , when I called them they said they'll post the warrant, but all I got via snail mail was the same print out of the Lennox 10 year parts warranty. I didn't follow up at the time

Post Likes

TIMING IS EVERYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by limeybstd View Post

It's registered for just the complimentary 10 year parts did that within a month of install.

I paid for 10 year Lennox warranty also but have nothing to show for it,

Yes sir, old system had backup heat strips.

DID YOU HAPPPEN TO FORGET to pay the install fees.?

FEE$ are due AFTER COMPLETION OF JOB.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    DID YOU HAPPPEN TO FORGET to pay the install fees.?

FEE$ are due AFTER COMPLETION OF JOB.
    Maybe they forgot to pay Lennox.

Post Likes

You didn't ask me what made me think to test heat strips? Well basically as the heat pump was running I could smell almost a slight smell which from my old heat pump experience related to the auxiliary heat kicking in. So I was a little surprised and wanted to make sure the auxiliary wasn't coming on, so I duly pressed the emergency heat option on thermostat, it showed the emergency heat icon but nothing else occured like mentioned earlier.

I think it's safe to assume there is no heat strip connected right? Meaning if i select that option nothing happens. But during regular running it might come on? I doubt it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast