Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Anyone help size of this oil furnace?

Hey guys,

Anyone familiar with Radisnt-Aire oil furnaces? Want to know size of this system? THANKS
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by beenthere; 11-17-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Post Likes
    Disregard pic #1 that’s wrong pic that’s a different furnace I’m working on. Looking for info on Radiant-Aire furnace. Pain in ass doing this on phone. Sorry

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman_pdx View Post
    Disregard pic #1 that’s wrong pic that’s a different furnace I’m working on. Looking for info on Radiant-Aire furnace. Pain in ass doing this on phone. Sorry
    Don’t all oil furnaces have different input ratings based on what nozzle is used? That is at least how the ones I have worked on were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    85k if the pump pressure is set at 100 psi. The nameplate states 'don't use larger than a .60 nozzle., which is 85K. But the first pic shows 105 on the plate. Usually with oil, the first 2 or 3 numbers in a model number are the btu's.

But if you're looking at replacing, best to do a heat loss and check your duct work, especially if that unit was put in before AC. Even though for oil most of the time the smallest furnace is too big.

A quick heat loss is if you give me your city/state, and how many gallons of oil you burned for one season, I can usually give you a pretty good estimate.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    Sorry guys. Pic #1 IGNORE. It’s a different furnace on a different job. I posted this using my phone and I tried deleting it. No luck. Pic #2 and #3 is the Radiant-Aire I’m trying to get info on. Not replacing this system I just did a tune up on it. I do work for the state installs and service work, the Community Action auditor just wanted to know what size system this is for his knowledge or records

Post Likes
    T R U T H on your quote Steve. I was just telling my nephew the exact same thing yesterday. I told him it bites me in the ass when I do jobs quicker and faster and get paid less versus another guy who takes 10x as long to do a job, knows less and charges more and ends up making more money. TRUTH! Can I steal that quote? I could of repaired a LP control on a walk in cooler the day before but I just ordered a new one instead and got paid to come back plus parts. If you don’t I gotta do twice the work versus someone slower and knows less cause he takes longer to fix something and gets paid more. I’m hurting myself

Post Likes
    What nozzle did you put in it when you serviced it? As mentioned above, that holds the answer to the BTU input it is operating at.

Post Likes
    Well; the nozzle size size AND the nozzle line pressure.

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    What nozzle did you put in it when you serviced it? As mentioned above, that holds the answer to the BTU input it is operating at.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Lol. I just walked out to my van about 30 min ago to look for the nozzle I put in/took out to tell you what I used. Filthy dirty van. I’ll find it in the morning then I can tell you. I wanna say a .65 70 degree or other way around. I’ll confirm and THANK YOU

Post Likes
    Yup .65 70 w and 100# pressure. Don’t tell me it’s 65,000. Back in the day I used to work on these, now we just take oil furnaces and switch to a different fuel, and back in the day I could remember shit lol. 3td one I’ve worked on in 10 years. Thanks everyone

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman_pdx View Post
    Yup .65 70 w and 100# pressure. Don’t tell me it’s 65,000. Back in the day I used to work on these, now we just take oil furnaces and switch to a different fuel, and back in the day I could remember shit lol. 3td one I’ve worked on in 10 years. Thanks everyone
    Sucks getting old!

Post Likes
    No,not 65,000. It is 90,000.

Post Likes
    Removed first Pic.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast