+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recycling gone wrong

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    I understand that but the blower compartment and the combustion are separated. He said pulling the blower allowed the unit to run.
    Not the blower door. The burner door. I clarified a few posts ago. Sorry for the confusion vtp99

Post Likes
    The installer probably didn't glue the inside pipe to the "wye" and it and the outside termination fell out. Someone that didn't know what they were dealing with tried to put it back together (outside) and when it didn't want to go back together right figured out if they took the 2" pipe off the "cap" fit back on just fine.

Kind of hard to see down into one of those from outside, try a bore scope. If there is a hub for 2" to fit into from outside, put a new length of 2" and fix the situation.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Post Likes
    This is how it would run. With this door off
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=kennybaker2014;25809115] Push in door switch and on it comes. Tape the switch closed and watch for a few minutes. Eventually i go to close door and it immediately goes out. I open it up and push switch and everything's fine again. Only when i close door is it not working. /QUOTE]

The switch is on the blower section. Something is not adding up.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=VTP99;25809207]
    Quote Originally Posted by kennybaker2014 View Post
    Push in door switch and on it comes. Tape the switch closed and watch for a few minutes. Eventually i go to close door and it immediately goes out. I open it up and push switch and everything's fine again. Only when i close door is it not working. /QUOTE]

The switch is on the blower section. Something is not adding up.
    Yes youre right. I said door as opposed to doorS. To be precise i removed doorS. Once doorS were removed i pushed furnace switch. When i saw it ran i put doorS back on. It went out once again. As i removed burner DOOR it came again and ran fine. When it ran fine i only had the burner DOOR off.

Post Likes
    Why would pulling the blower door off a sealed combustion change anything.
    Is it not a sealed combustion unit ?
    It's sealed combustion with the door closed, when it's open it's just going to take the room air. So if the door is closed and the concentric vent is hooked up improperly, it's gonna be sucking the flue gasses instead of fresh air

Post Likes
    It looks a few years old , I wonder why it suddenly decided not to run anymore

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Now I can say it. “Why is it always a Goodman?”
    Because they will literally sell their units to a money if it had the money in hand .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by airpurifier22 View Post
    pulling the blower door off might not change anything. I agree
    Removing the blower door will open the door safety switch. It will change things by keeping it from operating.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Removing the blower door will open the door safety switch. It will change things by keeping it from operating.
    Although both doors at one point or another were pulled, the door that was left off that made the difference was the burner door (in the pic above). I agree 100% that i could have been more clear in my description, its embarrassing even, but at this point all i can do is clarify. Thank you.

Post Likes
    Although both doors at one point or another were pulled, the door that was left off that made the difference was the burner door (in the pic above). I agree 100% that i could have been more clear in my description, its embarrassing even, but at this point all i can do is clarify. Thank you.
    I agree you have clarified this. So moving forward are you going back to straighten things out ?

Post Likes
    I agree you have clarified this. So moving forward are you going back to straighten things out ?
    Yes im waiting on the management company to green flag me

Post Likes
    Yes im waiting on the management company to green flag me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in